Thursday 10 February 2011

Bostitch Finish Nailer - nail gun, finish nailer


I bought the 59 and took it back to Home Depot, then I took a chance on the 62 since I needed to get through maple consistently. If you'll never go through hardwoods this is a good gun, but if you need to punch through hardwoods you can't go wrong with the 62. Bostitch N60FN-2 KIT Finish Nailer Kit

I've been a carpenter for 15 years, and have been trimming houses exclusively for the last 5 years. I purchased my Bostich 7 years ago, and trust me, it has been put through the mill. It has literally shot hundreds of boxes of nails. The only service work I have had to do to it was an O-ring kit (~$15) about a year ago. It's been an excellent gun and I will buy another one when this one finally wears out. It does not hit as hard as say the Hitachi angle nailer, but I feel it is built better, and the nails are considerably cheaper. My partner has the Hitachi and I grab it when I have to sink a 2 1/2" nail in oak, but other than that, the Bostich does the trick flawlessly. He does not like the Hitachi for the main reason that the spring is not strong enough to advance the nails properly. It was like that right out of the box. It may have a lemon. Don't know. We never got a good answer from the Hitachi rep. At any rate, this Bostich is a solid choice. I highly recommend it.

I bought an N60FN to do stereo cabinets 5 years ago. It has taken quite a beating since then and probably not enough oil but it still works flawlessly. Well worth the money for any finish work you have planned.

I love this nailer if it only had more punch. Its light weight and smaller than the rest of the pack, has a removeable rubber tip on the nose for soft wood, which is really only what this nailer is good for, because it just doesn't have enough punch for hardwood. I'll probably end up buying the new 62 model.

I purchased the N60 and later read the reviews on this web site. A consistent theme seems to be that it does not have enough power to counter sink nails in hard wood. I have found with mine that if you remove the rubber tip, put the pressure around 90 psi, and crank the depth adjustment down, it countersinks consistently just fine. I tried it out on a 4" block of rock maple and it did great. Oak was just fine too. I can't imagine what this gun wouldn't work on (unless you are nailing plate steel to concrete).

I purchased this as my first air nailer. I put 2 pieces of 3/4 inch oak and I couldn't fully sink or counter sink the nail. I even jacked the psi on the compresssor. I returned it the next day. I think the Senco is what I need. Arggg.

I've used a n60 for about 12 years. It's done ok in softwoods. The latest job I'm on is a all hickory interior. The n60 was very, very bad with this ultra hard wood. I just bought a hitachi nt65aa and it's doing the job just fine. This is a word to the wise if you're looking for a hardwood nailer

I have not had the massive use of the other reviewers but have found this nailer to be everything it is supposed to be. I never thought nailing would be so damn easy!The fine adjustment is good, and have had zero problems. Oil a drop or two before use. After borrowing mine my pop's is going to get his own. I had to pry it from him to get it back! I also have the Stanley framing nailer and have used it more, and it has been a horse. no jams on it but the sticks sometimes don't advance if they're bent a little bit, but that's a user error, and I could use to clean the magazine.Easy to find the nails at the store too.

I purchased this gun as a kit with the metal case back in 1997 or so. I've used it quite a bit, put together two kitchens and numberous other woodworking projects and it shoots like the day I bought it. I think the trigger is starting to leak somewhat but this was the first pneumatic nailer I ever purchased and it's still going strong. I lost the plastic tip guard which was a silly idea from Bostitch. Otherwise, I grade this tool a solid "A".

I am just a hobbiest and do not use my gun every day. If you like having to buy o-ring kits, bumper kits, and triggers, go ahead and get one. It seems like every time I go to use it I have to buy a kit or trigger. I have bought enough kits for my gun to buy 3 guns. It's the worse gun I've ever bought. I had a 18ga. Central Pneumatic brad nailer from Harbor Freight that I used a lot more than the N60FN and I never had to put a kit in it. It lasted 20 years. It finally died just recently and I can't get a kit for it. The problem with bostitch nailers is the kits cost way too much. It's kind of like buying a printer. When the ink runs out just go ahead and buy another printer because the ink is more expensive than the printer. I haven't shot but a total of 4 boxes of nails through mine and have had to use four kits and 2 triggers. I don't know if the new version is better than mine, but I'm afraid to try it. - Finish Nailers - Nail Gun - Finish Nailer - Framing Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bostitch Finish Nailer - nail gun, finish nailer nail gun Bostitch Finish Nailer - nail gun, finish nailer