Thursday 10 February 2011

Isymphony - 720p, hdtv


The price seemed too good to be true when I ordered it, and in fact it was. The screw holes to attach the TV stand were drilled into the back, but the female machined metal parts were not installed, so the stand could not be attached. I tried to contact customer support and they had no idea what they were talking about. It's a company they hire out- not iSymphony. Any way, they had me go to an auto parts store to try to buy new screws, because they said I needed bigger ones and weren't authorized to send them to me. The new screws were about 4 times too wide, and no way that was going to work.



I hooked it up without the stand anyway to see if I'd opt for a replacement vs return. For the price, the picture looks pretty awesome, however this TV has one green dot/ dead pixel on the left side. Hopefully this TV is just uniquely bad. Since the picture is so nice, I decided to try to replace it.



Oh one other thing I'm noticing. No audio output- so external speakers might be difficult without splitting wires or being creative some other way.



Will update this review when I see how the replacement experience goes.



UPDATE: Amazon is telling me I might not be able to get a free replacement, but they don't know why. The customer service rep was extremely helpful, but he couldn't figure out why he couldn't get it to process. He said he's got three people working on it. :)



I over-nighted the original TV, but now who knows if or when I can get another one.



Alright Amazon customer service is awesome!!! Amazon definitely gets 5 stars from me! The guy finally figured it out and sent me out another TV next day!!! But... of course the stand doesn't connect again. No green dot this time, so it's time to find some screws that will hold the stand. iSymphony LC32iH56 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, Black

I got in on the lighting deal on this... Had it next day shipped (I love Amazon Prime!) and set it up the day after I ordered it. Out of the box, based screwed on, and set up via HDMI in under 15 minutes. The biggest concern was the remote and the warranty. Keep reading to see how they weren't an issue!



There are 4 screws that hold the base down. This can also be attached to a standard VESA wall mount. There are plenty of inputs as pictured. The VGA is very nice if you wanted to hook a laptop up to this. The side RCA and side HDMI is a nice addition for a TV at this price point. The menu interface is well done and actually a lot better than I'd expect for something at this price. The picture is nice and for the price, really you can't go wrong!



The TV seemed well packed and protected. There was a nice thick plastic sheet taped to the front to protect the actual screen. Three language manuals and a quick start card for assembly are in the package. There were no dead pixels on my set and the picture is crisp and clear. Note: This TV is only 720p, it is NOT 1080p as mentioned in another review. Overall I'm VERY impressed with this TV for the price.



I was worried about the warranty, which according to the manual is 90 days parts and labor, 1 year parts. I opted for a SquareTrade warranty for 3 years. You can search the internet for coupons and get good discounts on them or make it easy and buy the SquareTrade warranty direct through Amazon. I got a 3 year warranty for about $20.



UPDATE: The code I used for my Comcast Remote (the Red OK button version) was: 10812 This is for an Akai TV Manufaturer. But it all works, On, Off, Volume, Input, Menu, etc. So even if you don't have Comcast, you can see if your remote has codes for Akai and try that out.



SECOND UPDATE: Another user confirmed that they were able to use their Time Warner universal remote by programming the remote to control an Akai TV. You might want to try this if you can't find a code.



If you need to program your remote, most likely your cable provider has the instructions online, so do a search.



At first I gave this 4 stars, but seeing how the remote and warranty issues are resolved, I'm upping to 5 stars for a simply excellent (paid $198) value!

Ok so I ordered this tv yesterday on a lightning deal and had never herd of this brand. I was very worried what It would be when I opened the box but Fedex delivered it 30 minutes ago (less then 24 hours from my placed order to delivery) and it was packaged well looks just like every other lcd and the remote worked great! I had it out of the box and hooked up in about 10 minutes that's including screwing in the base. There was no info on this tv when i ordered it so I hope this helps someone. It has plenty of connections including computer connections it has the standard wall mount holes, and from what i can tell in the first hour of owning it looks just as great and crisp as much more expensive flat screens. One thing I'm confused about is it says only 720p on Amazon but i have it hooked up with only component cables while waiting on my new cable box with hdmi hookups and the picture is already reading 1080i. so I'm thinking when the hdmi is hooked up it will be a full 1080p but do not hold me to that. So even though I still don't know the warranty or anything about this brand I am very happy with my $198.00 purchase and it looks great in my bedroom. Great buy so far! - Isymphony - Hdtv - 720p - Black'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


black Isymphony - 720p, hdtv