Friday 25 February 2011

Usb Adapter - computer cables, usb adapter


This product worked just fine and came with drivers and everything it needed. The only thing is that I was planing to use this parallel port to run relays, but the problem is that Windows will only recognize this as a printer port and can not control the pins individually. Windows will only see this as a printer, therefore do not buy this product unless it will be used only for a parallel printer. Syba SD-USB-DB25 USB 2.0 to Paralle/IEEE 1284 Port Adapter, Prolific Chipset

I thought I'd ad a quick review to let others know that this device does in fact work with Windows 7.



I recently purchased a new PC and found out that my motherboard no longer has a built in parallel port. I decided to buy this adapter as I could connect it to my existing cable (which stretches a good 6 feet to my printer). I'd heard about issues with Windows 7 and support for printers but hoped that my old HP LaserJet 4L was still considered a 'staple' on the drivers front.



After connecting the adapter to the cable and my PC, Windows 7 recognized the new device right away. I started to hunt around Windows for 'Adding a new printer device' but thankfully my LaserJet was auto-configured and seen in the control panel all on its own. I loaded up my word processor and did a quick print of some formatted text and it worked just fine.



(* One other quick comment I'll add to this post - I have been told that Windows 7 can be flaky with front panel USB sockets which often go thru an internal hub separate from the motherboard. If you experience issues with USB devices ensure you connect them in the BACK to USB ports on the motherboard itself. I have noticed this issue first hand with cameras & camcorders.)



All the best.

I used this cable to connect an older HP Laserjet printer to a newer Dell computer that didn't have the traditional printer port, only USB connections. Worked great, no configuration required. The new Dell is running Windows 7.

Despite opinions from some reviewers,

This product works straight from package to the pc without need of drivers.



One reviewer here says some one about "cable does not emulate a printer",

come on! how one cable can emulate one printer???.



One printer is a device very complex. A single cable can not emulate it. Not more to say.



The USB to PARALLEL adapter (like this) is a device that converts 2 different signaling communication protocols known as USB and PARALLEL.



When using this adapter, the computer sends data to the parallel printer using USB signaling protocol,

then this device converts the sent data to PARALLEL signaling protocol (this is the protocol that parallel printer understands), after this the printer responds sending to computer PARALLEL data too, using PARALLEL signaling protocol, then this device converts the sent data to USB signaling protocol, because for this connection, the computer is talking in USB signaling protocol.



This process is repeated between the Computer and the Printer until the end.



COMPUTER --> USB/PARALLEL --> PRINTER

PRINTER --> PARALLEL/USB --> COMPUTER

COMPUTER --> USB/PARALLEL --> PRINTER

..

..



This cable adapter is really a signaling protocol converter between USB and PARALLEL, and works VERY WELL doing your job.



I recommend this device (Syba SD-USB-DB25 USB 2.0 to Paralle/IEEE 1284 Port Adapter, Prolific Chipset) with 5 stars. It works without problems. Good construction and enough cable length.



One comment for GNU/LINUX Users: When configuring CUPS for use with this device, the Device URI must be: usb:/dev/usb/lp0



One last comment: Is better to use one USB to DB25 Paralle/IEEE 1284 Port Adapter (like this) than "printer adapters" (USB to Printer cable).



Happy printing..!

I used this cable to connect my ten year old HP Color Laser Jet 4500 - to a new Dell PC with Windows 7(64 bit Home Premium).

The cable came with a driver/installation mini CD, but it wasn't needed. Plug and Play was all it took and the parallel port was live.

I installed the printer through the Windows control panel and everything worked. I did have to click the "Windows Update" button on

the install page, as the printer was not initially listed, but that's all it took. I'm very pleased.

This product does not work. Nothing against the vendor. They sent me a second one and are willing to refund my money. But, I connected it to a printer that has a 36 pin IEEE 1284 parallel port and neither one ever worked.

I have an HP dv60t laptop computer with Windows 7.

I wanted to connect this computer to my HP DeskJet 722C printer.



This has been a good deal for me for 3 main reasons:



(1) This product was shipped to me within 3 days.

(2) The installation was "plug-and-go". The computer automatically found its own appropriate drivers. If it would have not worked, then the mini-CD which came with it would have provided the necessary help.

(3) In the end, it simply worked with no problems for me. My computer and my printer are now talking. - Computer Cables - Printer Cable From Usb Port - Usb Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information