Friday 25 February 2011

Sonic Toothbrushes - electric toothbrush, sonic toothbrushes


This is my second Sonicare product and I remain very impressed. I previously used the Elite for two years and my only annoyance was the design of the Elite brush head and handle. The Elite brush consisted of a screw-on dome that no matter how hard I tried to keep it dry and clean on the inside, it would always get dirty and gross and there was no way to clean it. Similarly on the Elite handle, a deep well that the magnet from the brush head would insert when brush and handle were joined would also collect dirt and was impossible to keep clean. This wasn't a health issue but it was just gross to look at when you disassembled the brush after each use. I found that if I didnt disassemble, a black mold type substance would grow. Even taking it apart after every use would not deter this growth eventually.



The new Flexcare brush fixes all of these issues. Gone are the deep crevices and unreachable traps for dirt and moisture. The brush head simply inserts onto a pin on top of the handle. The handle on the Flexcare is smaller than the Elite. As for the reduction in sound and vibration, I can't agree with the packaging because it sounds and feels the same as the Elite to me. There are many more cleaning modes however I just use the clean mode as I did before.



Both products clean my teeth nearly as good as the dentist. I always thought an electronic TB was a waste and was finally convinced by my dentist to try one. If you never have used one, you will be amazed at the difference from a manual brush. It takes some getting used to but you will see and feel the difference. See for yourself. After a couple of weeks try a manual brush and your mouth just doesnt feel clean at all. The package contains a charger, travel pouch, travel charger, UV brush sanitizer, 1 regular and one small brush head. My only gripe is that the travel pouch is soft where the Elite had a hard plastic case that held and cradled both the handle and brush. The new cloth pouch offers no protection from crushing or keeping the brush from hitting and possibly scratching the handle.



The instructions say you can put the handle in the dishwasher however at this price, I'm not brave enough to try that one. A Great product. If you are shopping for an electric TB, this is the one to get. Your teeth and gums will thank you. I also endure less scraping at the dentist since using this product so that alone is worth the price of this product.

I've owned a Philips Sonicare before this. I dont remember the model. But it was their top-of-the line brush about 4 yrs ago. It stopped working since the little green button got jammed. Both that model & this one have it sealed. So you cant fix it yourself, God forbid that happens. So go easy on that button.



As far as the brushing action is concerned, if you have NEVER used a sonic brush before, then yeah - its great. I've read some reviewers stating toothpaste flying about. You have to be a "leetle stoopid" not to figure around this, if you dont get it right the first time. Just apply the paste about on all your teeth till there's nothing sitting on the brush head. Then operate it.



Another comment was that the brush is a little loud. No its not. And I live in a quiet environment. Its not noiseless of course. Someone near you will hear it. Not the neighbours.



It has a massage mode that is quite nice. You still brush with the same bristles really. But the pulses are more controlled.



The 2 min brush cycle beeps every 30 secs or so to remind you to change position. Again, that's not a new feature over the old brush. Also, the most important point is IMO, the brushing action. I dont consider it to be superior to the prev Sonicare Elite. It did not feel that way at least.



It does have one advantage over the older model. No housing recess for the magnets. So there's no stinky gunk buildup in that chamber. You'll appreciate this if you owned the earlier models. Otherwise, disregard.



All in all, a good brush.



No I did not waste money on the sanitizer. Use Hydrogen Peroxide 3% from your friendly, or otherwise neighbourhood chemist. The sonic action with the peroxide should shake the hell off any bacteria in the bristles. Dont waste money on the sanitizer please. - Sonic Toothbrushes - Toothbrush - Electric Toothbrush - Flexcare'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information