Thursday 17 February 2011

Sub-woofer Cable


Despite all the bad reviews I read for various Monster Cable products, I bought one of these cables. What a mistake. The RCA plug flanges kept working loose shortly after purchase. The first time I tried to gently squeeze them back together, one broke, only to reveal the cheap metal used in the connector. Now it's loose all the time. So I'm replacing it with a Belkin AV20500-15 cable, available right here at Amazon for about 1/4 the price of Monster. Thankfully I chose other brands for all my other home theater cables (digital coax, optical, speaker) . Avoid all Monster Cables. All overpriced, all mediocre quality. Do your research, you'll see I'm not alone. Monster Cable MB300 SW-12 MonsterBass 300 12-Foot Subwoofer Interconnect

Bought a no-name subwoofer cable off eBay, took it over to my friend's house. He owns this Monster cable; we switched back and forth between the no-name ($6 shipped) and this one, and guess how much of a difference the Monster cable made?



ZIP. ZERO. NADA. Thhhhhhpt!



God bless eBay, and God help all the suckers who buy all the Monster Cable advertising hype.

I never thought I would pay $40 for 12 ft of cable but I did and is worth every penny. My powered sub sounds so much better now, less boomy and tighter bass. Before installing this cable my bass seemed localize (you could tell where my sub was located), now it seems to fill the room. If you are currently running 16 ga. speaker wire to your line level input on your sub like I was, do yourself a favor and get one

This Moster Subwoofer cable makes a big difference in sound quality! I had the cheap subwoofer cable that came with my surround sound system, its a very thin cable compare to the Monster. I feel the bass is deeper and more crisp. Trust me this makes a big difference in sound. The good thing is that i only bought it for $12.76 shipped from Auction inc. from Amazon.

I love monster, this cable is great, for the price idk why people are complaining I'd like to see any of them go to a store and buy the worst cable in the world for less then this, letalone a great cable like this. Very much worth the money, great buy.

I bought this cable to go along with my new cps 12wi boston acoustic subwoofer and let me tell you my system rocks. What I paid with shipping was like 12 dollars and change and then taking into count the quality of it and the name behind this cable plus performance, how can anybody go wrong, so considering the price of this item it's a great buy and not a ripoff like people love to call some of the monster products.

This cable does exactly what it is supposed to do. I previously had a Boston Acoustic PV1000 sub hooked up with a cheap cable but always had problems with the bass sounding "boomy". I just replaced the cable w/ this one from monster and regret that I didn't do it earlier. My sub finally sounds the way it should. I actually had the floor rattling until my wife came down from upstairs because she couldn't hear the tv up there. If you have a decent home theatre system spend $30 for this cable, you won't be disappointed.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information