Thursday 17 February 2011

Laser Toner Cartridges - printer, laser toner cartridge


I order the toner for our office, and I have ordered this product from the Factory Depot on 3 separate occasions. At first I was very cautious and only ordered 1 order of 2-pack generic Canon 104 toners. We had no problems and the print quality is no different (as far as I can tell) from the name brand cartridges that cost about $90 each. By using these generic toners instead, we are saving $70 per toner, which adds up to $280 per month at the rate we go through these toners.

I am very satisfied with this product.

I haven't had any problems, so I'm not sure how good/bad the Factory Depot's customer service is. I did receive my toners very fast and they have worked perfectly fine. 2 Pack: Canon 104 COMPATIBLE Black Laser Toner Cartridges for Faxphone L120 and ImageClass MF4150 MF4690

Purchased a Canon Imageclass 4350. As expected, the initial start-up toner only lasted for a short time, granted, I print 30 page PDF files with a lot of photos and maps. When reordering a replacement toner, the price of Canon OEM originals seemed a bit much. I found this 2-pack listed and went ahead with the order. Installation was easy with no strings attached.



The printouts showed a slight (repeat "slight") degradation of image quality. The text seemed totally unaffected. This is based off of printed the exact same PDF file without any edits made as well as the same exact paper. Perhaps the chemicals used in making the toner were slightly off. Overall, the printouts are only noticeably different if they were to be looked at sitting side by side. I would still go back and buy this brand of replacement toner again the next time needed.

For the price, this product is alright. I would use it for work and school reports. The text doesn't seem as "black" as it ought to (i.e. with factory cartridges). I do not see any defects or artifacts in the print. That's what is most important to me. I've printed a few photos and it does the job to my satisfaction (after all, it's only B/W!) Would I purchase this again? I would -at least for the quantity of printing I do for school and messing around on the internet, in general. If I needed something printed that had to be as crisp and black as possible, I would buy a new factory cartridge (at well over $100.00). But, for these cartridges, the price was right and shipping was satisfactory (2 cartridges for $40).

I purchased this two set of 104 Toner for our Cannon Printer/Copier for our Presbyterian Church. I do the bulletins for the church and find this toner was a very good buy as the print is sharp and does an excellent job. We use a lot of toner as some of our newsletters and bulletins carry pictures so the toner does not last as long as I want. Therefore this deal of two for $44.95 is a good buy.



Letta Meinen

Elder of Worship Committee

Someone else posted that this toner didn't fit the ImageClass 4350 printer. It also doesn't fit the ImageClass 4150. It's mislabeled. Do not buy this product if you own any of the ImageClass 4300 series as it is very likely it won't fit.

While this toner might be an acceptable replacement for other Canon printer/fax machines. I was unable to use this toner for my Canon Imageclass MF4350D. Visually they look the same, upon further inspection on the sides of the toner certain "plastic guides" were missing, and on my toner, there were definitely areas of plastic on the sides which were lower than the Quantum Electronics one. I believe the "side issues" were the reason I could not insert the toner in my fax machine.



I am assuming that the Quantum toner is probably compatible with other machines which use the Canon 104 toner, but not for the Imageclass MF4350D.



I guess the title is a bit misleading, in that it says that it is compatible with the Canon 104 toner, but it a replacement for the Imageclass 4150 and 4690...nothing about the 4350D model.



I figured like most people if it is a compatible Canon 104 toner it would be compatible to all Canon models which use the 104 toner.

Just got these from The Factory Depot, through Amazon. Shipping was very fast. They look to be an excellent product and are packaged very well. They even look new, not refurbished/compatible toner cartridges!



Edit: 5/10/2010 - Update on my original review...when I wrote the above, I hadn't actually used the product. Now I have and I am very disappointed. First cartridge yielded less than 1,000 pages, probably closer to 500-600 pages. I guess you get what you pay for...in this case lower price meant lower yield. Suggest you look for this product from others with a guaranteed, or even a stated, yield.

I've been using these cartridges in my Canon MF4150 for a couple months and they seem fine, with one catch. On long print jobs (i.e., > 30 pages), the cartridge can't quite keep up and I get faded pages near the end of the job. If I break the job up and give the cartridge a "rest," it works great. The cost savings (basically one-fifth of the Canon price) justify the minor inconvenience IMHO. - Copier - Printer - Laser All-in-one - Laser Toner Cartridge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information