Thursday 17 February 2011

Canon Accessories - canon, camera remote


I initially bought this switch to be able to take fireworks pictures with my 30D on a tripod. It worked well for this application. Got some GREAT shots of the fireworks. Have since used it for some wildlife photos and it works well in this application also. The cord from the camera to the switch is only about two feet long. Sufficient for use on a tripod, but perhaps just a little short for any other application for the switch.



I consider it "overpriced" for what it is, but if you need a manually operated remote switch, it performs this function well. The release button has an option where you can lock-it "ON". It's useful if you what to leave your camera's shutter open for a long exposure.



I didn't research any other brands of remote switches for my Canon 30D. There may be others, but I was in a hurry to have something before the 4th of July, and just ordered it, since I knew is was suppose to work with my camera.



It performs it's intended design function. It's overpriced, in my estimation, but if you need one, this one will perform the job. Canon RS-80N3 Remote Switch for EOS-1V/1VHS, EOS-3, EOS-D2000, D30, D60, 1D, 1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II,III, EOS-1Ds Mark II,III, EOS-10D, 20D, 30D,40D, 50D, 5D

Aside form the fact that Canon charges an arm and a leg for a 1 dollar piece of plastic, the remote switch does work well. It does not feel very sturdy and does not seem nearly as well built as the Canon cameras. People with big hands may have a little trouble using this product. Overall, a "must have" addition for anyone interested in long exposures, images with excellent sharpness and depth of field.

I saw a knockoff of this remote selling for $14 on Ebay. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry - surely the extra $35 Canon sells this remote for means that you're paying for quality. Right?



Wrong. This is nothing but a cheap piece of plastic with a short wire attached to it. It feels like you could break the switch in your own hands if you press hard enough.



Despite the ridiculous price tag, the remote allows for some beautiful long exposures when used with a tripod. The shutter lock is also a nice feature.



All in all, it's nice to own this piece of equipment...although you're not getting anything extra with the Canon name.

Used the Canon RS60-E3 with my old Rebel. Now I have the Canon 5D and had to buy a new remote switch for it. The 80N3 is made a lot better than the RS60. The connection is better than the pin type on the RS60. I've use the remote for all my night shots and when I use my 100-400 lens for wild life photography. Canon did a nice job on the Remote.

This is an excellent remote shutter switch. Works on a LOT of camera bodies (I've used it on a 10D, 20D, 30D, and 40D). The cable is just right the length and the mechanism is easy to us. It fits nicely in the palm of your hand and even has half-press focus support.



My only gripe? I think it's just a wee bit expensive. I think this is more like a $25 product...not $40 or more.

I love Canon, they make a terrific camera and some of the best lenses available. But, over $50 for this bit of plastic and wire? I have bought generic versions on EBay for about $15 shipped and they work great... No frills just a half shutter, full shutter, hold shutter slider button... much like this one. There is no denying that a remote switch is very useful especially when taking long exposures on a tripod or where even the button press could change the cameras orientation too much. But for $50 it should either be wireless or offer some sort of intervalometer feature. If you're the type who always buys Monster cables instead of generic, then maybe it's worth the premium to you. And even if you can't find a generic available, you can always use the timer feature of your camera as an alternative.

I ended up buying this remote switch after having bought a cheaper offbrand which didn't work well at all. I have a 30D and the off brand gets stuck in the camera port because it's entirely made of plastic. The metal connection on the RS-80N3 makes for a more secure connection and (more importantly) a hassle-free removal.



Having said that, it is overpriced (thus 4/5 stars).

The product plugs in easily, feels solid, and works well. It eliminates camera shake on longer exposures. The only issue I've had is when I don't pay attention to the sliding lock mechanism. It's easy to slide it forward when pushing the button to take a picture, which locks the electronic shutter on and takes continual pictures until you unlock the slider. Yes, it's expensive for what it does, but if it makes the difference in sharpness between keeping a photo or tossing it, doesn't it pay for itself very quickly? - Camera Remote - Canon - Camera Accessories - Digital Camera Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canon Accessories - canon, camera remote camera accessories Canon Accessories - canon, camera remote