Thursday 17 February 2011

Headphone Amp - behringer, roland


This is a great item and it does exactly what it's supposed to. I've had it for about a month now and it's given me no problems at all. I run a weekly internet show that often has in-studio guests and we all have to wear headphones. Using a few 2-way splitters to hook them up meant that the volume was too low for all of us and sometimes there was buzzing or other quality issues. The Pyle Pro has solved all of that. The volume is perfect now, so loud that I'm afraid to turn the knobs all the way up because it might blow out the headphones.



There are similar products to the Pyle Pro that will cost between $50 and $200. What's the difference? From what I can tell, just the pretty blinking lights. I purchased the Pyle Pro for just $25 and I don't see how any of the others could be any better. This is also the only device that had the knobs on TOP of the unit instead of on the side. This works out great for us in the studio since we can all reach over and change our volumes when needed. Save some money by getting this thing! Pyle-Pro PHA40 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier

I am using this headphone to play my roland keyboard with a singer and we don't want to make to much noise so we use this headphone amplifier and it does a great job for this price it is the best headphone amp out there



I will buy another headphone amp to hook up to my TV so I dont need to bother anyone else when my TV is on



very nice product

This is EXACTLY what it is described as, a headphone amplifier. I didn't notice any improvement in sound quality but I wasn't expecting any seeing how this is an amp, not an external sound card/amp combo.

What you see is what you get. I use it to split and pre-amp the signal from an MP3 player to a couple of sound systems. The sound quality is mostly noise free though I might think twice before using it in an important recording application. It has really good build quality and does a great job for the price.

We bought this to be able to connect wired music headphones to our tv for our elderly father. With an RCA to 3.5mm splitter then adding a 3.5 to 1/4 adapter, everything worked perfectly! This is a very easy and cheap way to get rid of the wireless 'TV Ears" or similar product. Enjoy!!

Save your money and get something better,(Presonus for me.)

I know my stuff, I knew I was taking a chance on this one.

I bought this because I needed a headphone amp that is just a headphone amp. Nothing more or less. Just a straight up piece of hardware to do its job and never have to think about. ( The chance to save a few bucks and put my money tword another purchase is ultimatley is what drove me to buy this).

I figured how bad can it be, theres nothing on this to go wrong. Pretty straight forward.( Looks solid.)

The Design just doesn't work for me. All the inputs are on the back. This means that My source coming in plugs neatly into the back, but now all my headphone wires are draped over the face of the unit( from back over top to the front).

" Yeah I want to go adjust the level and have to move wires out of the way," I don't think so."

The design would have worked more conveniently if the headphone plugs located up front and kept the signal input on back,

(Like the Presonus.)

I hooked this up and can only get a signal from one side. I Have to play the "old in out" with plug to get a stereo. It becomes a balancing act to get the 1/4" plug to sit in the right spot without popping out of sweet.

I went to turn on this Pyle about 2 weeks after I had bought it and nothing. The power adapter died. I had just assumed that it was the amp itself, (I'm glad I tested the cable.)

I replaced the power supply with one I had, ( A new power supply would have cost me more than the original Purchase),

I had to spend a decent amount of time trying to figure out how to solve these problems,( I could have been writing music)

In my opinion it's just not worth it to take a chance. Save up a little more money and get something more reliable, better designed with the musician in mind.

I don't like the implied Phantom power at the top left hand corner of this unit. I see alot of this, and it is my beleif that manufacturers use this ambiguity to get newbies to buy somthing that they think has more features. ( I know what your saying, headphone amps don't have phantom power. I know that and you know that but not all people know the difference betweeen a

Headphone amp, or a mixing board. Both have knobs and places to stick plugs,

what more is there to know when you are starting your own studio.)

I can see how a newbie with a ton of "get go" and a small amount of knowledge might make this mistake.

That mistake racks up one more sale for Pyle, ( not to mention countless others).

All that said, save your money, and leave this thing in the toy store where it belongs. - Behringer - Headphone Amp - Roland'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headphone Amp - behringer, roland headphone amp Headphone Amp - behringer, roland