Thursday 24 February 2011

Laptop Power Adapter - computer accessories, laptop charger


I needed a 2nd AC adapter so I'd be sure to have one in the computer bag when away from home. It's always handy to have one close. I get about 2 hours of battery time, which isn't a lot, but about normal for a full sized laptop. I've used it and it works better than the one that came with the unit. It's rated at a higher wattage than the one that came with the computer. It's a good unit and the price was by far better than what HP could or would supply it for. Thanks, Amazon.com60W Laptop Notebook AC Adapter Charger Power Supply for HP Compaq Compaq Armada EVO Series Presario C300 C500 C700 F500 F700 X1000 X1100 X1200 X1300 M2000 2200 2800 V2000 V2100 V2300 V2400 V2500 V2600 V4000 V5000 V6000 Pavilion DV1000 DV1300 DV1400 DV15...] 65W LAPTOP CHARGER for COMPAQ PRESARIO

Holy crap this thing gets HOT! What a piece of junk! The whole cord (especially the box) gets so hot you do not want to set it on ANYTHING!!! It makes you so afraid that it is going to catch on fire and it is literally that hot.

No joke there - hubby thought the same thing.



I thought this was a great buy but it was not. It did work for a few months and then all hell broke loose.

All of a sudden my laptop would just shut down in the middle of whatever I was doing. I really thought it was the new battery that I bought at the same time. I plugged my husbands laptop up to this "cord" and his shut down within 2 minutes of being online. I now know that it is the actual cord that is the problem. What a piece of junk. I have never actually given a negative review of anything that I have bought off of Amazon as everything I have bought has been as expected or better. This product is a different story. If you want your laptop/computer to shut off in the middle of playing games, emailing, writing a document, whatever, then I guess this is the product for you.

What a piece of junk. I am so upset over my laptop shutting down over & over again and really wish that I hadn't wasted VERY hard earned money to buy a piece of "you know what". Anyways, I will not go into my actual true feelings as I'm sure this message would be blocked. Please think about what you are purchasing and what it will or will not do for you. If I can save someone a few bucks by posting this review then it will be worth sitting at my huge home/office computer (not my laptop as I am still waiting to get a new-real cord). Oh how I wish I had that money back. Wish in one hand and **** in the other. Which one fills up first :)

I bought this to replace my charger that was broken. It arrived in good time and worked great for about a month. Then the part that plugs into the computer started to work lose. Then it would only work if i played with it.I had to hold it all kinds or weird angles to get it to power my computer. It also got very hot so i could only put the junction box on the floor, i couldn't even have it on the table. This is very poorly constructed so i would suggest shopping around some more.

i got this charger because my other charger died, its the third one i've bought for this notebook. i was really happy with it for about three months and then it overheated and fried my computer. do not buy this charger. by the real hp one. it'll save you in the long run.

After only having this for about 3 weeks, by computer has stopped recognising that it is charging. The light no longer goes on, and the cord only works once in a blue moon when i move it a certain way. The cord was WAY to short for my liking. The box unit of this would get intensely hot and was too hot for comfort and to the touch.

I bought this ac adapter becasue the one that came with my compaq stop working properly. At first it worked great and I had no problems, but after about 2 months it stopped working (as if there was a kink in the cable, but I have taken great care to keep this from happening...so now I have to keep repositioning the cord for it to work).

Yes this is much less expensive than the stock item, but what they do not tell you about this aftermarket item is that the output voltage may match your computer's requirement, but there are differences. This charger fried my mother board and that is due to minor milliamp differences. So yes I saved money on this charger, but after the repairs needed on my computer, it is hardly worth it. So buy the correct charger from the manufacturer.

I was happy with this product when I received it and it worked fine but after a month it started failing. The power keeps switching from battery to outlet on my laptop and at times it does not charge at all and runs down. It is very erratic and no longer works. I am very disappointed and would not buy from the seller again. - Computer Accessories - Laptop Battery Chargers - Laptop Charger - Hp Compaq Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information