Thursday 24 February 2011

Digital Slr - photography, 5d mark ii


The best DVD on 5D Mk II to date, forget "Elite Video," (lacks depth - amateur), or "A Short Course.." (Still a great overall guide - but lacks 5D Mk II depth). "Blue Crane Digital" provides more insights that are hands-on tools you will use in the field. Introduction to the Canon 5D Mark II ; vol. 1: Basic Controls Training DVD by Blue Crane Digital

I've owned a quite a few of the Canon EOS digital cameras and had great results so moving up to the 5D Mk II was not a unique experience for me but on a flight to Singapore I went through the Volume 1 Basic Controls DVD and learned a lot. The instruction is clear and well paced. Looking forward to Volume 2.

I bought this DVD and sat down with camera in hand while viewing it and I learned more from this video that I ever imagined I could. It is so well done and easy to follow explanations of the camera's controls. You will quickly learn how to set the controls to get the most out of this amazing camera. I give it five stars because I don't think you will find any thing that will help you more than this DVD. It will be the best $20 you ever spent to help you with this camera!

I ordered this DVD at the same time I ordered my 5D Mark II. I was concerned about a big learning curve, switching from an Olympus E-520 with a completely different layout and menu system. Turns out this was one of my better ideas. In a very short time, I was comfortable enough with the 5D2's control layout and menuing system that I was able to operate in manual mode on my first outing with the camera, and didn't spend a lot of time fumbling for controls. The instruction is clear and easy to understand. The instructor speaks clearly. The order of presentation is logical. Highly recommended.

The 5d Mark II was my first introduction to Canon cameras and frankly I was a little intimidated as there was much I was unfamiliar with and didn't wish to screw it all up.

Voila! This introduction was just what I needed to familiarize myself with the controls and provide me the knowledge to begin enjoying the camera. Learning by watching how it's done eliminates so much guesswork and provides considerable confidence. It is basic, but learning the basics is an absolute necessity.

Basic controls: means if you've never used a Canon before but decided to buy a semi-pro camera you might be interested in this DVD. If you're familiar with Canon, like I was, don't waste your money. The information is super obvious and doesn't cover 1/2 of the info available in the user's manual. It wasn't a lot of money to purchase this DVD, but you could use your money towards something far more helpful. - Digital Slr - Canon - Photography - 5d Mark Ii'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Slr - photography, 5d mark ii canon Digital Slr - photography, 5d mark ii