Thursday 24 February 2011

Bike Tire - tires, 26 inch


Overall, this tire has lasted me over 7 years. These are the same tires that came with my Trek 800 Sport when my dad bought it. I use them everywhere - on the road, sidewalk, mud, bmx tracks, trails at local parks and leisure rides. The tire has proven its quality. I had not used my bike in about 3 years. When I removed the bike from the metal shed, the front tire had lots of cracks but the rear tire was relatively intact. So it was time to replace the tires. The old tires still had plenty of tread, but it is a good idea to replace two at a time instead of one.



I found these on Amazon and thought 'wow, these look exactly the same as my old tires' and they were. The tire recommends max pressure to be from 40 - 65 PSI, but I would recommend over 40 PSI if you are going to ride on the street and in the mud or dirt. I hope to continue riding my bike more often and hope these tires will hold up to the same treatment I gave my last pair years ago. Kenda K850 Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackskin, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch

I have no idea what Debashish Sahu is talking about in his review. First he says a Schwinn tire would be much better. Then he writes a terrible review on Schwinn Alloy Bicycle Pedals. Everyone & their brother knows Schwinn isn't what it used to be.



I bought a pair from my LBS (local bike shop) for about the same price. Why wait on shipping? The center rib travels quiet & well on city streets & the more aggressive outer tread goes well through the park, light off-road trails or as today (12-15-2010) through light slushy snow still on the road.



Keep 'em pumped up close to the max for city riding. Maybe drop a few pounds out (very few) for off-road. But...then again - I'm a rather large fellow. I keep all the tires on my bicycles pumped pretty full.

pros:



it's a great tire for the price, and seems to grip really well.





cons:



only 30 tpi.

makes a fair amount of noise when riding on pavement, but I'm sure it will go away some with time.







overall a VERY good tire, much nicer and cheaper than you can buy at "big-box-mart"

The Kenda tire is pretty durable and reliable. I use it for an all purpose, on road / off road mountain bike. I would have given the tire itself 5 stars; The crazy thing for me was the packaging! I didn't think much of one other reviewers that mentioned theirs arrived in an appropriately sized package. Mine arrived (from Niagra, not amazon)... twisted up like a pretzel! The first tire shipment had a really bad kink in the wire bead. The seller was cool about it and sent a replacement without hassle, however even the second was wrapped up like a sun visor - folded into thirds so that it could fit inside my mailbox! Ok, so this was my first (and probably last) mail-order tire. Even the second tire, without the severe kink in the wire bead, was not all that smooth and straight. In fact, after inflating my tire, there was a place where the bend in the bead did not fit well inside the rim, rubbing against the brakes. I ended up deflating and then gently coaxing the tire into a smooth alignment with the rim as I inflated it. Other than this - the tire is good & I would definitely recommend them.

the Kenda tires that I am now using have great grip on the trails that I ride. I live in the woods and use the trails to get around to neighbors houses. I would recommend these tires to anyone using tight narrow trails with lots of rock. They arrived quickly and were in great shape, I'll let you know if I have any trouble but sofar none, Workin great.

I had the wider version of these tires on my old GT Outpost Trail before but decide to go with 1.95 version to run with a new set of wheels. So far so good, feel like the one I had before. Considering the price, these are great tires, in my opinion.



I don't ride crazy trail or competition, just ride around the park with my kids and friends; occasionally around town on some errands.

Shipped in full size box. Easy to install by hand. Still do not know if I put the tread pattern on backwards of not (no way to tell) but they perform just dandy. Instruction were easy to follow.



I say "go for it". - Cycling - 26 Inch - Bike Tire - Tires'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bike Tire - tires, 26 inch cycling Bike Tire - tires, 26 inch