Sunday 30 January 2011

Large Power Strips - tripp lite, power strips


The major drawback to this item is that the outlets are mounted 90° from where they should be. As almost all wall warts plug in with the cord between the blades of the plug, that means when plugged into this strip the cords are in-line with the strip instead of at right angles to it as they should be. For this reason, even though the outlets are wide apart the cord still blocks the next outlet in line so I can only use half of them. Tripp Lite PS3612 Multiple Outlet Strip 15-Amp 12 outlets 15ft Cord

If you are looking for a power strip for your garage, workshop, or office, this is an excellent choice. I purchased one of these to mount to the edge of my workbench in the garage and my only complaint is the price! Now no matter where I am at my bench I have an outlet handy, and I can leave all the tools plugged in without having them "share" a single outlet or two.



Overall I am very impressed with the heavy duty construction of this item, and highly recommend it as a top notch product (albeit at a higher price).

I use this power strip for my computer and peripherals, tied into a battery backup power source. After trying a few other similar products that didn't hold the large DC converter bricks in place, I was impressed with this product's ability to grip the plugs. The construction is first-rate. The sockets are widely spaced, oriented along the aluminum bar so that your cords don't stick out at right angles, but the down-side is they may interfere with adjacent bricks. Still, I preferred this arrangement, as it lessens the chance of the bricks working themselves loose. I also like the cover over the switch and the bright red indicator light. Tripp Lite has consistently manufactured products to a higher standard than the competition, and this product is no exception. I recommend their power conditioners as well--like the power strip, they tend to be more ruggedly built than the other popular brands.

Several extention cords running from a power source to power a drill press, router, etc., made for a mess. Even though they ran behind everything it was hard to clean up and store things because the cords were always in the way. I mounted this with concrete anchors (not included) and the brackets that are included. Didn't take but a minute or two and the strip snapped right into the brackets. They hold strongly and I can unplug cords from the strip without it pulling out of the brackets. The 15 foot cord was more than enough to reach the power source and is heavy duty. In fact, this thing is heavy, solid, and has enough room between the outlets to plug anything in. However, since the plugs are mounted in line, a transformer or converter plug can interfere with the next plug. Not a problem since there are 12 plugs on this strip. There is an on-off lighted switch inclosed in a plastic housing so it won't be accidentally turned on or off; the breaker is at the end with a reset button.



It replaced the extension cords and made all my plugs in one location, very convenient not to have to stoop or fish behind material to get a plug. I'll get the 20 amp version next purchse. This is not your household power strip. It's loaded for bear. Highly recommend it for a workshop or garage.

I'm impressed with the quality of this powerstrip. Installation was a snap and it was easy to mount to the underside of my workbench. So far, I've experienced no problems, all outlets have power, and I expect the unit will continue to perform problem-free.

Great product. I use the Tripp-Lite power strip for my pedal board for my electric guitar set up. I would love to buy a couple more for my computer and TV set up as well. Seems to be well made. I love the spacing of the outlets. The spacing is great for all the AC adaptors that are used with effects pedals. The product was shipped to me within a week and was in good shape.

This is an excellent, metal power bar. It has a red indicator light and more than enough sturdy AC inputs (12) for the average bench top. The cord is extra long. I got this strip for a good sale price, too. - Tripp Lite - Electrical - Large Power Strips - Power Strips'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information