Wednesday 19 January 2011

Highly Recommended - grooming, dog grooming


Mrs. Spudman asked me to look for a new pair of grooming scissors for the never ending touch-ups of our shih tzu and her Bolognese sister.



I ordered two pairs of scissors, figuring one of them should satisfy my particular spouse, and one of them did.

The Conair scissors are very good, sharp and smooth. You can appreciate the sharpness of these scissors just by lightly running your finger along the edge of one blade. I like the safety, blunt tips of the Conair scissors, especially in the hands of someone who can be a little too eager.

The other pair of scissors in my order turned out to be duds, but this pair is terrific.



The only problem I can see is that the finger openings may be too small for someone with large fingers. They fit Mrs. Spudman's fingers perfectly and even work for my somewhat chubbier digits.



We definitely recommend this fine pair of grooming scissors.



Note that these "five inch" scissors have blades that measure slightly less than two inches. Conair Yellow Dog Round-Tip Shears, Dog Home Grooming, 5-Inch, Yellow

My dog is a schnauzer poodle mix and she has ridiculously thick fur. It's so thick that if you try to part the fur you can't see her skin. My old grooming scissors slowly gnawed through her fur with many cuts, and by the time I finished grooming her I had blisters on my fingers. These Conair scissors are so sharp that they cut through the thickest mats with ease! Great price too!

I bought these based on all the 5-star reviews, but my experience is quite different. I find these scissors to be fairly dull and I have to take 2 or 3 tries in order to cut my Maltese's facial hair. Maybe his hair is too fine, or these scissors simply aren't sharp enough. Either way, these won't do the job so I'll have to keep looking for the right scissors for my pup. However, the round tip is a nice feature.

I have been struggling for a long time to find a pair of scissors that actually trimmed the hair on my Bichons without hurting them. These work wonderfully well. Also, the ends of the points are rounded and that is helpful, because my dogs refuse the sit still.

Very sharp and safe, easy to use. I absolutely love this product! Perfect for trimming the hair around dog's eyes or nose, but it might be too small for trimming body. If you want to trim the hair on dog's body, buy a 6 inch or 7 inch one.

These scissors saved my life! Really!



My oversized and totally self-centered Persian-Himalayan/Rottweiler mix is not a cat to be trifled with. Anna Nicole is usually called Ahhhh-Nooooo because that's what her victims usually end up screaming. Her teeth make bull sharks writhe with envy, and she derives considerable satisfaction from using them in the most violent and bloodthirsty way imaginable.



Ah-No is huge and powerful. She is about as big as my cocker spaniel and uses him as an object lesson to other dogs on their rightful place in the world...which is cowering behind the vacuum cleaner in the hall closet. She terrorizes friends, family and neighbors just for the fun of it, so getting on her wrong side is out of the question. Not one groomer within a five state area will consider touching her, so I recently purchased several de-matting combs since the job has devolved down to me. These all tug and pull at her fur, which means I end up with deep puncture wounds to the body. And after she finishes with me, Ah-No beats the bejesus out of the dog, just because she can.



In desperation, I ordered the Conair Yellow Dog Round-Tip Shears (5"). They work perfectly. Small enough to be manoeuverable, and sharp enough to cut through the thickest hair mat, they do the job quickly and efficiently. I don't cut too close to the skin for fear of cutting the animal, but even leaving a good 1/3 of an inch clearance, the bulk of the mat is removed and it's easy to "tease" away the rest of the mat with a soft brush. The rounded tip eliminates the fear of gashing the cat when she turns to snap at my hand (but in a friendly way, since she doesn't mind the scissors so much). It took me about fifteen minutes to de-mat her. A gentle brushing and one full bag of Pounce treats and we were finished. The haircut looks a little choppy, I'm not telling her and neither is the dog.



One reviewer complained that the scissors are not sharp...I did not find this to be true. Ah-No's mats were pretty thick and it sliced right through them with little pressure. No squeezing the handles until your fingers hurt. Another complained that the scissors were cheaply made. What were they expecting? $6.95 including shipping is about as inexpensive as you can get. You aren't gonna get gold-plating for that kinda of money. Of course the name could be changed because if the cat finds out I'm using "dog" scissors, there will be repercussions...

I got a pair of 6 inch Conair Grooming Shears because I decided to take up grooming my kids (and by kids I mean a Maltese and a Yorkie) to save money every month. Grooming them myself, probably a bad idea, but I decided to try anyway.



So off I go to order these perfect shears that mostly everyone seems to love. And you know, I love them too!



After getting my squirmy little Maltese to finally sit still for me, I was able to trim his face. The shears cut perfectly, it seemed razor sharp as I was cutting, I could hear the hair being chopped off! No kinks or stops in the blade to stop me. Obviously, my baby's face didn't turn out so well as I am a novice, but the shears did their job in cutting well.



I like the rounded tip as even my little guys are squirmy when sharp objects go at them, I don't have to worry that I will make them bleed.



The shears seem to be coated in something so it prevents rust, which is great because my last shears I got for cheap are uselessly rusted. These shears are not only cheap but won't rust!



The 6 inch is the perfect size to cut their faces, I would probably get the 7 inch or even bigger to cut their bodies. - Highly Recommended - Dog Grooming - Grooming Scissors - Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Highly Recommended - grooming, dog grooming grooming scissors Highly Recommended - grooming, dog grooming