Wednesday 19 January 2011

Camcorder Cases - camera bag, camcorder bag


Purchased this (in black) to fit a Canon HF200.



The bag seems to be nicely constructed, and is well padded. So well padded that the camera fit is a little snug, but that keeps it from wiggling around. The carry strap is about the right size without being too narrow, and it has a belt strap if you prefer to carry it that way. The camera is a little bit shorter than the height of the bag (inside), so some of the medium batteries will fit (819), not sure about the biggest though (827).



Aside from that, there is just enough room for SD cards and not much else, but that makes it perfect as a day bag. We have a larger version of the Tamrac Aero (the 65) which will fit cords, batteries, charger, etc. but that's a little too bulky for going out and about for the day, so this bag is nice for short trips without the bulk of the bigger bag.



I would not suggest this as your only camera bag, as it won't be able to fit the cords and add-ons, but as a short day / quick trip bag it works very well. Tamrac 3392 Aero 92 Compact Camcorder/Camera Bag (Black/Gray)

Fits the specified camcorders very nicely.



If you are hiking or walking this is a nice bag for the camera- I use it for a Canon Vixia HF100.

Compact design and snug fit-The camcorder would not fall out even if the lid was open, and feels like it would be safer if I accidentally dropped it because of the extra pad.



Nominal storage only-a tiny mesh net in lid, but not really usable. Not really an issue for my needs, but I suppose I could attach a small pack to a D-ring or a back loop if needed.



Belt loop on back. Carrying handle on top. Optional shoulder strap/ D rings( which I took off right away). Two small nylon webbed loops on top back corners that could be useful in attaching or hooking things to. *Make sure your camera has a lanyard on it, or it would be a tough to pull the camera out of this bag.



I would order it again.



*I use a larger bag when I want to bring extra supplies and more batteries, but use this bag when just going out for a day.

I had been searching for a small case to easily carry my HF200 around and this is ideal. Perfect to taking along when outdoors, easy to carry and can even be attached to your belt. The belt attachment worked best on a backpack strap (actually a kelty kids backpack I used while hiking) but not so well on my regular belt - was kind of sloppy in a regular belt and moved around a bit. Certainly secure but kind of got in the way. Only complaint on this is that the little pocket on the underside of the "lid" is not secure for holding an extra memory card. If you have the top open and you lean over, it can fall out. We lost a memory card down Franconia Notch Gorge a couple weekends ago. Thankfully it was an empty extra card but now I'll be much more careful in the future!

This is snug like a glove and protects the camcorder exceptionally well - however you probably don't want to drop it. It will even fit with the extended BP827 extended battery pack. As you can see in the pic, there's not much more space for anything else.



On another note, I did use this as a drink holder to keep my water bottle cool since I had the camcorder in my hand most of the time.

The protection provided from the Tamrac camcorder bag is perfect. The Sony HDR-CX150 fits in it so perfectly its as if they were made for each other. The only downside is it has absolutely no space to accomodate any cables, chargers, or an extra battery even. This is my first Tamrac purchase, but with a little bit more research from their website (specifically regarding compartment space) I would readily buy another Tamrac product.

This is a great little camcorder case. Little pocket in the inside lid for an extra battery and an extra memory stick. Nicely padded and easy to carry. I love this little case. Best of the small cases I looked at on Amazon.

Bought this for my new Canon Vixia HF S200, thinking that I didn't want a big and bulky camera bag. I thought I could just slide the camera into the case and drop it in a purse or backpack. Unfortunately, getting the camera in and out is a TIGHT squeeze, even with nothing else in the bag. It's just not the right size bag for this camcorder. Overall product quality and level of protection seem great, but I'll just have to use this bag for something else.

I bought this for my CX110 Handycam, to sling on my belt for quick access.



The top unzips without a lot of fiddling, better than I thought it would. Other small bags of this top style can sometimes jam and be a bit of a handful. This one seems to be work easily.



Some people complained that the net pocket inside the top was not a good place to store an SDHC card, as it could slide out. Just get some Velcro tape and make a seal for the pocket and worries that you'll lose the contents are over.



There is not enough room to store a std battery for the CX110 in the top pocket, but there is enough space to drop the battery in the bottom of the main compartment and stand the camcorder over that, but I'd recommend placing the battery in a small drawstring pouch first so you don't ding up the camcorder. Especially if you forget to close the lens cover.



I have a wide angle lens attachment VCL-0630X on the front of the Handycam. When installed on the camcorder this arrangment fits snuggly in the bag, except there's no room for that extra battery if you do so.



All in all, a nice little bag for keeping the essentials at hand for a day out with the camcorder. I'd give it 5 stars if the net pocket in the top didn't need some customizing. A small, slim pocket on the outside would be a nice alternative for SDHC card storage, and a bit bigger top pocket for a battery would be better too.



...



If you need a bigger bag to store the rest of your camcorder gear, see the Tamrac 5501 Explorer 1 Camera Bag. The Aero 92 will fit in one end of the 5501 bag snuggly, and your charger, cables, spare batteries and other odds and ends take up the rest of the bag. Search for it and read my review. - Camera Bag - Camcorder Case - Tamrac - Camcorder Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camcorder Cases - camera bag, camcorder bag camcorder case Camcorder Cases - camera bag, camcorder bag