Friday 17 December 2010

Portable Sound Equipment - ortofon, good


I needed an alternative to mounting my projector; I didn't want to mount it to the ceiling and wall mount was out of the question (see my pic above). After much price comparisons and searching, I settled upon the Pyle PSTND2. IMO, it's well worth the money. The tripod is built very well and it's strong and sturdy. I bought mine from another site for $8 cheaper than here and the total with shipping was around $33. If you're looking for a tripod, doesn't hesitate on this one. You'll find similar styles that cost $20 to $100 more than this but I bet you they're made by the same company in China.





As a side bar, I was going to mount my projector to my old camera tripod. I bought a 6' aluminum extension pipe/bar and the ODYSSEY LATSA1 mounting hardware to go along with it. The aluminum bar ended up being too big to fit in the camera tripod and the ODYSSEY LATSA1 was too big for the aluminum bar! I ended up scrapping that project and bought the PSTND2 to go along with the LATSA1. I'm really glad that I went with the PSTND2 as it's very sturdy and BIG, unlike that camera tripod I was going to use. That thing would have tipped over had I used it. I really don't have to worry with the PSTND2 tipping, unless my cat gets crazy and tries to use it as a scratching post (she better not!). Pyle-Pro PSTND2 - 6.5 ft. Tripod Speaker Stand

I recieved these stamds quicker than I expected . The quialiy was much better than I expected fo such a low price . I purchased these stands for our PA system speakers at our Church . They look good and perform perfectly for our needs . I will definately consider again if the need arises .

I was amazed at the price range of tripod speaker stands. I was on a tight budget but did not want to compromise quality. I read the reviews and ordered two. I feel like I made out like a bandit with the free super saver shipping. I am impressed with their build quality, they are very sturdy, easy to set up and take down, and considering they are steel - are not heavy. I don't think I saw any other stand with better value than this one.

Good News: I received the stands this Saturday morning, just in time for use..

Bad News: Both stands were received with broken knobs that are so essential to tighten the screws that hold the tripod legs in position.

The Speaker stands were of a very high quality, nad look to be extremely durable. The packaging left a bit to be desired, and one stand had a bent end on one tube (I repaired that with no problem), and a 1/4" nut was lost in the shipping. But the product itself is GREAT, especially for the price!

first of all they came broken, after i fixed them and used them a few times they hold my speakers but my biggest complaint is that everytime i tighten them so they wont move it dents them i dont know what type of metal they are made of but its very weak and dents every easily, i would not recommend these, i wish i would of spent more and got some steel stands - Speaker Stand - Pyle - Ortofon - Good'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information