Friday 17 December 2010

Ipad 2 Smart Cover Partner - ipad 2 cover, ipad 2 smart cover


By shear luck, I got my iPad 2 the day after it came it out. Clearly I was not the only to recognize that the groovy "smart cover" only protected the front. Unfortunately, it took weeks for the after-market covers to really start showing up. And when they did, companies were charging $27-$39...for what is essentially a piece of plastic. I just couldn't do it, and held out for more options.



Then this little item appeared it. I ordered the smart cover companion on the 04/22 (at the time it was $9.99!). It arrived by 04/25, even though estimated arrival was 04/28 - 05/03.



The "installation", if you want to call it that, was a breeze. It snapped right on, and once on, there was no give or play.



The case I ordered is crystal clear, not even a logo, which in my opinion is perfect since I didn't want anything obstructing the design of the iPad itself.



I was so excited about my iPad 2, I was this close to shelling out $40 bucks for a product that, given the simplicity of the design of ANY given snap-on shell, could not conceivably do the job any better.



Well done, Exact-Deal. Bravo. Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case for Apple iPad 2 - Crystal Clear

I bought this for my mom as a Mother's Day present. She has an iPad 2 and loves her Smart Cover, but it left the back of the iPad unprotected and we quickly found that Apple's aluminum is dismayingly scratch-prone. With a bewildering array of products on the market, I chose this one based on the Amazon reviews. It turned out to be EXACTLY what my mom wanted.



Description: It's made of a hard, smooth, transparent plastic that snaps on tightly to the back of the iPad 2. There are generous cut-outs for all the ports, cameras, buttons, etc., and the Smart Cover hinges.



Good points:

- Perfect fit. Snaps on and stays on, but also easy to remove when necessary.

- Specially designed to work with Smart Cover with no modifications; it protects what the Smart Cover does not.

- All ports and buttons remain easily accessible; you don't need microscopic fingers to reach into tiny gaps.

- Transparent (and pattern-free), so you can see the Apple logo and anything you have engraved on the back. This also makes it aesthetically neutral, so it will match whatever other accessories you have and will never go out of style.

- Adds minimal thickness and weight to the iPad.



Less-good points (subjective):

- As an owner of the heavier first-gen iPad, I personally prefer a "tackier" grip on the case that makes it easier to hold on to without sliding out of your hands. This one is still a bit on the slippery side, but it's easier to hold than the iPad itself. (And if you fold back the Smart Cover instead of removing it, you won't have the slippery iPad problem anyway.)

- Though the case protects the iPad from scratches, it isn't scratchproof itself. After months of heavy use, I imagine it will get pretty scuffed and will be unattractive.

- The case is held on only at the corners, and the lips don't extend beyond the narrow aluminum rim of the iPad. There's nothing wrong with this, but if you have a transparent protective film placed over the screen, this case will NOT help to hold it down around the edges as some cases will, so the film will be more likely to peel off.



Not sure:

- Based on the thickness and design of this case, I THINK you should be able to use your iPad with most dock-type products without having to remove it. But we don't have any docks to experiment with.

- The plastic seems durable, but the case has not been subjected to any (inadvertent) stress tests yet. The lips that hold the case to the iPad are quite small (at the corners only) and if one or two of them broke, the case would be functionally useless.



Overall:

This is exactly the product we wanted, at a very reasonable price. It's well-designed, well-engineered and is the perfect companion for a Smart Cover.

The right cover at the right price. I wanted something to protect the back of my iPad, but it had to work with the smart cover. This case is perfect. It's totally clear, snaps right on the back and fits perfectly. No modifications required for it to work with the smart cover. It's thin enough that it doesn't add bulk, too.

I purchased this item thinking that for about $14, if it sucked then I wouldn't care. When I walked out to my mailbox 3 days after I ordered it there was a padded envelope waiting for me (from Exact-Deal), and I started thinking, "great these guys shipped it in this dumb envelope so I bet it's all messed up." I couldn't have been more wrong. The item was in pristine condition, the padded envelope was perfect to protect the item in transit and it fits the iPad 2 perfectly. Installation took about 3 seconds and my smart cover compliments it perfectly. Purchase this cover, you won't be sorry. It's just as good as the Belkin one my buddy bought from Best Buy for $39. Now my iPad is ultra-pimp and ready to bring on all challengers... like a NINJA. - Ipad 2 Case - Ipad 2 Cases - Ipad 2 Smart Cover - Ipad 2 Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Smart Cover Partner - ipad 2 cover, ipad 2 smart cover ipad 2 cases Ipad 2 Smart Cover Partner - ipad 2 cover, ipad 2 smart cover