Friday 17 December 2010

Heavier Runners - running shoes, mizuno


I have been using for a few years now motion control running shoes from another manufacturer but have been still plagued with pain should I push too hard or run too frequently. I had resigned myself that my days of nice 5-12 mile runs were over until I took a chance on these shoes. I have been using them now for a few weeks and they have been fantastic! The pains I have been experiencing have almost completely diminished and I have been able to run longer and longer distances. The shoes are very comfortable and really make a difference. I have however only given them 4/5 stars as, they run very small - I normally wear size 11 shoes and 12 in running shoes. The 12's in the Mizuno are a tight fit, so I will be ordering the size 12s. Mizuno Men's Wave Renegade 4 Running Shoe,Silver/Surf the Web/Dress Blue,11.5 D

This is the style I ran a marathon in. Since I made it I love this shoe even more!

I hate running but it was for charity. This style of shoe was recomended to me by runner shop.

I will stick with this style as long as it is available!



Fast shipping thanks Amazon!

Having extremely flat feet, I have struggled to find a shoe that felt right. After trying a few other brands over the last couple of years (New Balance, North Face, etc...),I had given up. I even started experiencing slight lower back pain, hip pain, heel pain and arch pain when going for long walks. I knew it was due to my flat feet. I did not want to get fitted for orthotics just yet. So, I purchased a pair of these shoes, and I no longer have ANY pain when walking for long distances. I would highly recommend these shoes for extreme overpronators.

These are great looking shoes. They came a day early and feel great. They are designed to keep you from walking/running on your arch. I have flat feet and walk on my arch. I hadn't thought about whether or not my ankles hurt (a regular occurrence with my old shoes) until I was asked to post this review. For me they feel great!!

I recently purchased a pair of Mizuno Wave Renegade 4.



I used the previous Wave Renegade 3 to run about 10 marathons and for one full distance Ironman triathlon, and I found the Wave Renegade 3 to be an excellent shoe for a large runner with wide flat feet. Unfortunately, the Wave Renegade 4 is too built up around the heel and rubs my ankle bones. Also, it has an band of elastic that is supposed to hold the tongue of the shoe in place, but this band is less comfortable than a traditional shoe tongue. I was very disappointed with the new Wave Renegade 4 and returned it. I hope Mizuno will correct the problem with version 4 being too tall around the heel in its next iteration of this shoe while retaining the good platform underneath the foot.



I have purchased all versions of the Wave Renegade over the years. Just in case one of the designers from Mizuno is reading my feedback here a summary of my experience with this shoe:



Version 4 - Bad. I bought 1 pair, but couldn't use it. Too tall around heel, rubs ankle bones.

Version 3 - Very good. I bought about 7 or 8 pairs.

Version 2 - Bad. I bought 1 pair but couldn't use it. The toe was too narrow.

Version 1 - Very good. I bought about 5 pairs.

Nice pair of tennis shoes! However I have the feeling that they are not as supportive as other tennis shoes in the motion control categorie such as Brooks Beasts. To put it in a different way, this version of the Wave Renegade is not for clydesdales -such as myself-. On the other hand, they are really comfortable and light. - Running Shoes - Neutral - Mizuno - Jogging'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Heavier Runners - running shoes, mizuno jogging Heavier Runners - running shoes, mizuno