Friday 24 December 2010

Laptop Power Adapters


For the price with free shipping this replacement adaptor is well worth it if your old one dies.

The adaptor fit my laptop perfectly and the output voltage and power is exactly as stated. I've been using it for the past month or so and it has worked just like the old one used to.



However, there were a couple of things that weren't quite up to par. First, the DC cord right at the adaptor did not have any bend protection built into it so the outer sheath of the cord tore within a week leaving the insulated wires inside exposed. A little bit of electrical tape repaired it, but it was still a definite design flaw.

Another slightly frustrating fact is that the outlet plug on the adaptor is a 3 prong plug rather than the normal (standard) 2 prong. If you are sitting right next to a regular outlet it's not a big deal, but if you were planning on using one of those small lightweight extension cords (perfect for powering a laptop) then you will be disappointed because most of them are only 2 prong. I would simply swap out the AC portion of the cord since it is removable like the original, but this company has used a non-standard plug for the attachment to the adaptor so that won't work either.



Most importantly, it fits and it works...but they definitely could have done better. Replacement Laptop Ac Adapter / Notebook Charger / Power Supply Cord for Gateway Liteon Mx Series Notebook Mt6840 / Adp-65hb Bb / Pa-1650-02 19v 3.42a 65w

I bought this because the picture and discription made it seem like I was buying the same adaptor that I got with my Gateway laptop. Far from it. Not only a cheap knock off no where near the quality of the original, but it was on of those multi purpose adaptors with multiple plugs that could be switched out to fit many diferent sockets and it could be switched between 16V, 17V, 19V,etc. So I was willing to give it a chance. However, the heads kept coming undone. It sparked everytime I attached it to my laptop (not a good sign). the power cord was short and the connection to the adaptor was so loose I could not move it for fear that it would come unplugged. Very Frustrating. Finally, after a few weeks it just stopped working. Very poor quality product. Not near the product pictured. I would advise every one to stay away from this product and suggest that amazon drop this supplier do to his bait a switch tactics. You should not be allowed to advertise one product and deliver another. Clearly, I am not the only one to fall for this just because it was so cheap and I thought what could I lose? Trust me, this was not worth it. I had to turn around a buy another adaptor a few months later. The new adaptor was of the same quality as the original from Gateway, it only cost $19 vs. $5 but was still cheaper that buying the original which I couldn't find from Gateway and the bonus that the cord was actually longer then the original. Please stay away from this product, at least from this vendor. The actuall product pictured may be OK but it is not what you will get.

Bought adapter for Gateway laptop, which works as expected. However, after a couple weeks of light use and being very careful with it, the cord connecting the wall to the adapter brick broke. A test with with the multi-meter and trying a different cord confirmed this. For the price, this type of quality is ridiculous. Proceed with caution.

This was the completely wrong item. The model number matched the one i needed, but it did not fit in the port hole. the plug was too long and wider than it needed to be. Took the computer to a place that will get me the right one.

Thought I was getting a good replacement cord that actually would work for my computer (unlike the ones I found in mass market retailers)...well..I was wrong.



Early on the cord required me to 'jiggle it'...yesterday it officially died.

I bought this cord as a replacement for my gateway laptop, payed for one day shipping and it arrived a week later, which is a whole different story. The first day the cord worked great! It fit, it worked just just as it should. However here it is a week later and the piece of crap is already busted. The metal connector tip that plugs into the computer is already coming out and it is only working a 1/4 of the time. Don't waste your time or money on this worthless piece of crap.

Bought this to replace an original Gateway part that lasted two years. It functioned appropriately. However, the plastic wire covering separated from the plug, exposing the wires, after three months. The seller sent a replacement but it happened again, approximately three months later. I think that the plastic covering the wires is poorly formulated and not as flexible as necessary. YMMV, but for my money and aggravation, this item would NOT be worth it, even if it cost $5.

After about a month of regular use, I take my laptop to school everyday, the cord started to short out. I have to play around with it and get it in the right spot for it to work now. Eventually it will die.



Yeah, it's super cheap, but the quality is very very bad.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information