Friday 24 December 2010

Canon Ink - inkjet printer ink, i9100


The Canon i9900 employs eight (8) cartridges. For several years I purchased the Canon 8-pack of refills. The eight separate colors seem to run out in even succession--except for the red and green--I have several new cartridges in my drawer. The six-pack does not include the red and green. Perfect! By the way, the Canon i9900 has been flawless for the several years I've owned it. And the photo color and clarity continues to amaze everyone. This may have something to do with the fact that I have never used any ink but the genuine Canon ink. You're money ahead to buy this 6-pack rather than get hit for $12 to $14 each down at your super-office-supplies store. Canon BCI-6 Black/Color Ink Tank 6-Pack Set (4705A018)

I suggest to everyone who owns a printer, to buy genuine brand ink. STAY AWAY from generic inks. I learned the hard way that they are just crap. Since I own a Canon Photo printer, I will ALWAYS buy Canon ink from now on. And Amazon is cheaper than every place else.

Great price, and prompt delivery; this is cheaper than buying individual tanks from the office stores, or just buying a 3 pack from huge warehouse stores. I tried the generic inks once and it smeared on my photographs and almost ruined my printer. This is my second 6-pack and I am happy with the price and convenience.

I received a new Canon EOS Rebel camera for a Christmas gift and after shooting some family shots I printed a few out and the colors were way off. I cleaned the print head and even did a print head alignment to be sure and still the colors were awful. I have a Canon I960 Photo Printer and had never had a problem until now. Then I realized I tried to save a few bucks and purchased "bulk ink" to refill my cartridges. I then ordered the Canon 6-pack set and it arrived today. I then printed a family photo on 4 X 6 Photo paper Plus Glossy with the "bulk ink" first and as expected it was lousy. I then changed out bulk ink with the new Canon cartridges and printed the same photo. Oh man, what a difference. It was back looking like a professional processed photo. I learned my lesson. If printing photos, stay with the Canon inks. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE !!!!!

Save your money and buy Canon ink. Years ago I bought a Canon 6000D printer and after the ink tanks ran dry I refilled them with third party ink. I didn't see any difference at first but slowly the colors changed. I started seeing a slight magenta cast, but continued to refill thinking I was saving money. A few weeks ago I bought a Canon Pro 9000 printer. I was shocked to see the beauty of my first print. It was a photo I printed on my Canon 6000D just days before I got the Pro 9000. What a difference. No magenta cast, bright yellows and greens, and an orange that would bowl you over. I then replaced the ink tanks in my 6000D with genuine Canon ink. After cleaning the heads I printed the photo again. Night and day. The quality of the 6000D print came close to that of the Pro 9000. The magenta cast was gone, all the colors were rich and clean. The tanks with third party ink is now in the garbage where they belong. I am now thinking of the wasted paper I used trying to get one good print using the NON Canon ink. I would have been way ahead, and saved money if I used Canon ink in the first place.

The cartridges worked as they should. Delivery was on time as advertised and the price was very good especially with the Free shipping. I've ordered other items from Amazon with free shipping and they usually arrive well before the estimated date. This time it was near the end of the estimated date but still a great deal.

I have two Canon printers, an i960 and an i9900. They both use the BCI-6 ink carts. We've used these printers for the past 4-5 years and have had excellent results. The i960 is a photo printer, but does not include the Red and Green inks that the i9900 uses. We use the i960 for general purpose printing and color snapshots. For my professional work, I use the i9900 only with Canon inks. I had to replace the print head last year, but it only cost me about $85.00. I NEVER had any clogging problems with either printer, even when I don't use them for weeks. The reason why I like these printers so much is that you have some flexibility with re-filling the ink cartridges. I purchased a re-fill kit from Sam's Club a few years ago (I haven't found them there recently). The design of the Canon cartridges allow you to re-fill them with 3rd party inks rather easily, once you get the hang of it. Refilling is sort of a crap-shoot.... you can damage a printhead by using inferior inks, and your color may not be the most accurate. I don't encourage my friends to re-fill, but we have saved lots of money on ink for the i960. The i9900 is another matter. This is a pro-quality printer and I just don't want to mess with it and 3rd party inks. So I stay with Canon inks, and Amazon is generally the only place I buy my cartridges. Buying them in the 6 and 8-pack sets is the most economical method. If you can get them for $9.00 or less, it's a good buy.

I've had my canon i-9900 for a number of years now and have been thrilled by its quality and durability. Last time I was buying a set of ink tanks for the printer, I thought I'd give refurbished tanks a try and save a whole pile of money. Not worth it, no matter how appealing 6 tanks for $10 sounds. The first refurbished tank I put in worked fine for about two prints (after making a bit of a mess on the tank carriage when I put it in), then stopped delivering ink into the wick (white cotton swab part of the tank). My printer didn't know there was anything wrong because it still detected ink in the tank (which there was plenty of). I had to put my finger on the top air hole of the tank and squeeze to get any ink into the wick. Upon further cleaning and inspection, I found that a lot of ink had leaked out of the refurbished tank and into my printer, which was leaving streaks on the back of my pages. Several hours of cleaning later, I was back up and running, with the other unopened refurbished tanks in the trash where they belonged, and canon ink in my printer. No trouble since. - Printer Ink - Ink Cartridge - I9100 - Inkjet Printer Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canon Ink - inkjet printer ink, i9100 printer ink Canon Ink - inkjet printer ink, i9100