Monday 13 December 2010

Iphone 3g Charger - ipod charger, chargers


Like most folks here, I am very happy with this charger, happy that it costs half as much as an apple-branded ipod charger yet has two USB jacks instead of one.



Some folks here have found this charger doesn't put out enough power for particular devices. Before purchasing this charger, it's a good idea to compare the power requirements for your device with the power this charger puts out.



The charger puts out 5.2 volts, and 500mA per USB port.



The charger also includes over-voltage protection and short circuit protection.



For more tech specs, see p.4 of the manual:



[Amazon deleted my link to the manual; I'll try to put it in a comment.] Griffin PowerBlock Dual Universal Charger for MP3 Players and USB Devices (Black)

Works as advertised. If your device charges off of a computer's USB port (without a special driver), it should charge off of this. USB spec is up to 500mA per port (see wikipedia) so this product seems to be built to USB specs.



(does not charge my motorola cell phone, but I wasn't expecting it to)

I bought 2 of these to help my family charge our devices without scrambling for plugs. I am very disappointed. Even though it has 2 USB ports, it will not charge 2 items at the same time. For example if I plug in my iPhone it will start charging and then if I plug in my Nook, the Nook doesn't charge until I disconnect my iPhone. If I then reconnect my iPhone it will not charge until the Nook is disconnected. Don't bother with this, buy a power strip instead.

So far this has been an excellent charger. For those who care, essentially no power is consumed when the charger is plugged in but not charging. I tested it against my amp meter: 0.000 amps when not charging but green light showing, and around 0.0650 amps when charging my iPod. So you can leave this plugged in and not worry about consuming power when idling.

My PowerBlock was used infrequently (once a month or so) and lasted just over a year. The plastic holding the metal prongs/plugs cracked and one of the metal plugs no longer stays in... Griffen indicated that they could not help as the product was outside the warranty period. I can understand that, but I expected more from a lightly used product.

Here's a list of devices I've successfully charged using the Griffin PowerBlock:

-iPod Touch 3G

-iPod Nanon 1G

-HTC Fuze

-Logitech Performance Mouse MX

-Sony Reader Touch

-Kensington Mini Battery Extender and Charger

-Garmin Nuvi 760



It actually charges both devices at the same time so what more could you want? Great product!

When you are travelling, you are travelling with a little suitcase of applicances/gadgets these days. Our little travel plug can nolonger cater for all the gadgets that come with us. Great use for most USB powered lines, but DOES NOT work for ipads or for blackberries. The iphones/touch works. we love the Griffin brand, so this was a no brainer. the prongs contract into the body of the charger so makes packing even more easier. we love it for those who travel with ipods/mp3, mini speakers, iphones/touch.

I bought this universal charger for travel since I wanted to cut down on the cords and chargers I pack. So far it's worked fine with these devices: HTC Incredible, iPod Nano 4gen, and Nook eReader. For the most part I only charge one device at a time, but it seems to work equally well with two.



While it's a bit slower to charge than the stock chargers that come with the devices, I expected that with each port putting out 500 mA. Also I have used it overseas as well with a converter with no problems. - Ipod Charger - Chargers - Mp3 Charger - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone 3g Charger - ipod charger, chargers chargers Iphone 3g Charger - ipod charger, chargers