Monday 13 December 2010

Enhancement - templates, enhancement


I've never tried anything like doing inlays. I purchased this set on Amazon and the first time I tried to do a inlay was great. My first atempt didn't do to well on cutting out the heart inlay, my second atempt went great I cofident the more I do the better I'll get and the more I'll enjoy it. SO FAR IT'S A BLAST I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMEND ANYONE THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO DO INLAYS TO PURCHASE THIS KIT.

Gary Milescraft 1207 Router Design Inlay Kit

This really is a very easy jig to set up and operate. It does make very nice designs and snug fitting inlays. The provided templates do quite a few different patterns. The one thing I would like to see Milescraft come out with is a blank template that you can cutout your own pattern. They suggest to make a copy of their template to produce your own and I would much rather spend the time doing inlays than getting my own blank to fit perfectly into the holder.

I absolutely love this inlay kit. It takes no time at all to master and create consistent, beautiful results. Very easy to comprehend instructions. If you're new to inlay in your wood crafts, this is a "must have" item.

many designs to choose from. or make up your own as I have. about the only fault is there is on place on the back of the black frame to put 2 sided tape, if you have a smaller piece you want to work with. would also be kinda nice if there was a bigger version of this. all in all ya can't complain to much about this tool.

I was aware of this product for sometime but brushed it off as another of the many, many items advertised for the shop that never performed up to their claims. But I finally succumbed and purchased it from Amazon and now I am so happy that I did. This little item does all that they claim, and more. I have used it on the lids of some of my custom-built boxes and does it ever enhance each and every box I make! I just love the way that it works and would recommend this product to any and all craftsmen that are interested in enhancing whatever it is that they are fabricating. As you can see I just love it.

this is fine for larger pieces of wood, but there is no way of determining center lines for smaller pieces as the inlay templates are all offset. (ie. to use the heart inlay) 1st response from customer service assumed I was an idiot and told me I needed to take the box lid off the box first (duh!!) never recieved a reply from them when I Clarified my original question.

By the time you are done making the elaborate fixturing they recommend, you may as well just make your own templates and use the Whiteside inlay kit, as it is faster and you give yourself many more options.

product is a good idea but poorly executed.

Customer service is piss poor at best.

Produce was received on time and in great shape. I have'nt actually cut out anything or etched anything yet, but have been practicing when time permits. I purchased this for a special project when I remodel my wife's kitchen cabinets. I had trouble understanding just how to trace the design you wanted...but figured it out. So I'm ready when time and money permits my kitchen cabinet remodel program. Very simple to use once you fit the design system into your brain.

I bought this item twice. About two years between purchases. Each time I couldn't get it to work. I wanted it to work, and the video on the website makes it look easy, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. - Enhancement - Christmas - Boxes - Templates'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Enhancement - templates, enhancement enhancement Enhancement - templates, enhancement