Wednesday 8 December 2010

Apple Ipad Stylus - iphone stylus, ipad


This is an excellent stylus. I don't often use a stylus with my iPad - but did have a pogo sketch ten one for sketching. This stylus is a much more practical device for normal sized (man's) hands. The pogo stylus is thin, small, and much to light - I would get cramps in my hand with using it for more than five minutes or so.

Another plus compared to the pogo sketch is the clip. On the pogo - it's a cheap piece of plastic with broke quickly. On the Acase stylus it is a metal clip... doubt this will break anytime soon.



With the price point of both being so close, unless you need a very small stylus, or you have small hands - I'd suggest looking at the Acase stylus to use with your iPad. Acase Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi + 3G, iPad 2, iPhone, iPod, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy, BlackBerry Playbook (Jet Black)

This stylus works perfectly with my ipad. It is infinitely better than the Pogo which I had previously purchased - the rubbery tip is more stable and precise, the shaft is thicker and easier to hold, and the metal clip seems much more likely to hold up than the plastic Pogo clip, which broke within days.



Using it with the "Penultimate" app, my handwriting has never looked so good! Also- gives me almost perfect results with the "Writepad" handwriting recognition software, which I had pretty much abandoned until this arrived. I'm thrilled!



In case you were wondering, this appears to be exactly the same product as the Boxwave, and comes with the same goofy dongle meant for securing it to the earphone jack. The dongle is easily removed - I have no use for it.

Short and sweet:



I've tried three of the stylus brands offered on Amazon: The $15.00; the $11.99 aCase; and the cheap three-pack "Universal Touch Screen Stylus.".



It is easy to tell you which not to buy: the cheap ones. The rubber tips on them have too much friction. You can't write or draw easily; you literally feel like the Stylus is getting stuck on the screen. Guaranteed, one zillion percent, you will hate it.



Now, to the Boxwave vs. the aCase.



This isn't just a draw; there's not even a fight, because the two products are exactly the same (there's one subtle difference in the way the little headphone-jack string insert is attached to the pen. One uses a tiny, carbiner-type hook, and the other a ring. You'd probably never notice the difference, because there is non.



So, which to buy? The aCase is three dollars cheaper, but it only comes in black. That's it.



[...]

I really love this stylus! I play a lot of games on my iPad and so many of them are easy using this stylus. I feel like my movements are so much more accurate, plus when the screen gets hot, as it inevitably does when you get sucked into a game, I no longer have the problem of my fingers not gliding across the screen as easily as they do when the screen is cool.



The only thing I didn't like was the little attachment to attach the stylus to the headphone jack, probably to secure it. I could just see it swinging and cracking my screen one day. Luckily it's extremely easy to remove and you can't tell it was once there.



Great product! I'd buy another one if I lost mine!

One major reason I got the iPad is to draw on it. Artists will naturally understand the benefits of drawing on a screen rather then a wacom tab. Many styluses available have poor reviews when it comes to moveing the tip across the screen or accuracy. Both qualities are required for drawing.



This stylus tip is a soft bubble that slides very easily over the screen, even if the screen is a little dirty. The bubble doesn't seem to effect accuracy. It should be mentioned that the screen itself does not have the same input resolution as a piece of paper, which is why many drawing apps have a zoom function for fine details.



It's well balanced and well weighted to feel like a lightewieght pen, the tip feels like a high quality supple latex or silicone of some sort



Use a microfiber cloth under your hand to avoid unintentional palm inputs, and get the bonus of cleaning your screen. This feels similar to using a piece of paper to avoid smudging soft pencil marks.



Coupled with a premium drawing app ( I used the $7.99 autodesk sketchbook pro), drawing on the iPad becomes so natural it's scary. It's also good for pointing and using the keyboard.



One potential downside is it you make a habit of pushing too hard on it, I could image the Metal ring around the supple tip may eventual puncture the side. I could also imagine the tip could "dry out" over a year or two, becoming hard and less effective. That's all speculation, but I would expect 1-2 years of regular use out of this product.



PROS: Accurate, smooth, inexpensive, feels good to use. Great for drawing and pointing.



CONS: none, except possible wear and tear on the tip may mean a 1-2 year life Span.



One star on cheap plastic, because it's not cheap plastic. - Acase - Ipad - Stylus - Iphone Stylus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Ipad Stylus - iphone stylus, ipad iphone stylus Apple Ipad Stylus - iphone stylus, ipad