Thursday 11 November 2010

Rca To Miniplug Adapter - 12-foot y audio cable, rca to miniplug adapter


i bought this cable to connect my laptop to my home theatre receiver, eliminating the need for computer speakers whcich could never match up to the sound of my home theatre system. the 12 ft cable is plenty long enough and it is surprisingly high quaality for the price. i don't give the cable 5 stars because i know there are higher quality cables out there with 24 karat gold connectors which will give you a cleaner sound. don't buy the 12ft version unless you need the length because the longer the cable, the more signal loss there is. this is perfect for the average guy who just wants to listen to his mp3's or play PC game audio through home theatre system. Belkin F8V235-12 12-Foot Y Audio Cable

I used cable to send audio from my computer to my stereo receiver. Cable has a Mini male plug at one end, two male RCA plugs at other: plug the Mini end into the Audio out connector on sound card, the 2 RCA ends into spare left and right jacks on the receiver. Note if your sound card has only 1 Audio out connector, you need to also get a Mini male-to-female splitter (I got one for $2 at E-Bay) in order to hear audio from both the computer and stereo speakers.

This item just arrived today and so far it's serving me well. Now I have to get used to grabbing my stereo remote when I open WinAmp instead of reaching for my computer speaker's On button. I have trusted Belkin products in the past so I felt this product would be of good quality. I recommend this item to people that want to listen to MP3 audio on there stereo system. Great buy.

Before getting the Belkin Y cable, I used a "premium" Radio Shack brand Y cable that cost over three times what the Belkin cost (one of the features that made it premium was that it has gold-plated plugs). I wanted a second Y cable so I could have the same set up in two bedrooms, each of which has a stereo system in it.



For purposes of this review, I tested the Belkin cable as follows:



1. While the Radio Shack cable was connected to the Line 2 out jacks of an Onkyo TX-8222 stereo receiver, I connected the Belkin cable to the Line 1 out jacks. I then used each with a laptop playing a web radio station (WQXR FM, which plays classical music), switching back and forth while listening for any audible difference in sound quality. (I switched by connecting and disconnecting the mini-plug on each cable to the headphone jack on the laptop.) My ears detected no difference.



2. With the Belkin connected to the laptop and the Onkyo set to Line 1, I turned off the streaming web radio and turned the volume on the receiver up to the maximum level (the volume on the laptop was already at the maximum level). There was, as I'd hoped, zero hum and "total silence" (as in the scene in Fargo when Steve Buscemi's character attempts to engage his crime partner in conversation).



3. I then connected the Belkin to a Sony Walkman MP3 player. No problems whatsoever; the sound was crystal clear.



4. I twirled the mini-plug in the laptop headphones jack to which it was connected and listened for any electronic noise. There was none. I moved the laptop around (e.g., from the bed to my lap), and there was no noise.



The cable came neatly wrapped in a Belkin cardboard and plastic display package, and the cable itself looks and feels rugged and durable and appears to be of excellent quality.

You can't beat the price, but if you are plugging your computer into your home theater sound system, you will hear a noise that is a hum, at a lower volume than what I found after buying a better cable that is sheilded, for just a little more money.Pro-Techgroup Professional Grade 15 FT 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable - Gold Plated Connectors

I use it for hooking up a PC to my TV in the living room (along with an S-video cable). The PC and TV are on either side of my balcony entrance and the cables run along the floor. Translation: gets stepped on fairly often. Has held up just fine for about 5 months now.

I needed a "Y" cable to connect my computer to my stereo system, as I was tired of listening to music from my small, powered speakers. This required an 1/8" stereo mini plug on one end, and two RCA-type plugs on the other. A little research on Amazon.com and I was soon placing the order for a 12' cable by Belkin. The cable itself is heavy-gauge, and the plugs appear to be high-quality. I am now listening to Youtube through my stereo with great fidelity. (BTW, this same setup also works like a charm with an Ipod.) Nice when something works like it's supposed to! - Miniplug To Rca Adapter - Rca To Miniplug Adapter - Audio Cables - 12-foot Y Audio Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rca To Miniplug Adapter - 12-foot y audio cable, rca to miniplug adapter rca to miniplug adapter Rca To Miniplug Adapter - 12-foot y audio cable, rca to miniplug adapter