Thursday 11 November 2010

Portable Cd Players - cd player, waste of money


Over the years I have become something of a portable CD-player connoisseur. Indeed, I have many leather-bound portable CD-players in my portable CD-player library. jk. I have, however, bought units from Sony, Panasonic, Philips, and now Coby. The others worked fine, channeled my music through my Sony MDR-XD100 headphones at a high quality.

But recently I broke two of my players, so it was time to look for a newer, less expensive machine.

The price of the Coby player is what attracted me to it. I thought, wow, for twelve dollars and the price of shipping I could have a new, black portable player. And I was right! But I was also extraordinarily disappointed. First of all, one touch, or even the remote thought of a touch, will interrupt your disc for a second or two, at least.

Second of all - one touch, or even the remote thought of a touch will interrupt your music! That should be nuff said.

Other defects, or shortcomings, include the ancient format of the Play/Stop/Forward/Rewind buttons. They're so big and inconvenient!

Anyway, without becoming too upset I would warn you not to buy a CD player from Coby! Or anything else from a company that sells rubbish products like this! COBY CX-CD109 BLK Personal CD Player with Stereo Headphones

COBY claims that this portable CD player will let you reliably listen to CDs with the headphones that come with it--but don't be too surprised if it fails you after just a couple of months. This is truly a case of "you get what you pay for." On the other hand, this might be a first portable CD player to give to a young child so that it won't break your heart (or your wallet) if the child drops it and it dies.



This portable CD player uses two AA batteries and, on the bright side, as long as it works you'll get a good amount of play time if you pick good batteries. It weighs barely more than eleven ounces; and that's good.



At first glance the controls on the CD player itself appear slightly confusing but after a couple of minutes you can learn the functions. The controls let you do just the basic things such as adjusting the sound, starting a CD, pausing the CD and stopping it. You can skip tracks as well using the buttons on the player.



Unfortunately, there are more disappointments. The control buttons are rather small so you need to be careful of how you touch them with your fingers. Moreover, the ear phone set hurt my head and ears almost from the word go. I would suggest that you purchase a better quality headset--but then you'll have to buy a headset that's significantly more expensive than the portable CD player itself! Ouch!



Music lovers will probably not be satisfied with this cheaply manufactured portable CD player; although it might be good for a young child who might accidentally bang it around a bit. In addition, the features don't always work reliably after a couple of months; and that's a shame. The quality of the sound could be better, too.



Skip this one and get a better portable CD player. You'll thank yourself down the road!

Very good CD player if you are not anal about non-skipping or other bells and whistles. It serves my purpose(s) perfectly .... even though the 1st one I received was broken. Amazon always makes good on their promises.

I bought two players in two months. First one broke with in the first month second one broke with in the month. Light and delicate use nothing crazy. I called the company to complain they told me to ship item to them to fix but i would have to pay for shipping both directions?? Save your money buy another product.

It just did not work. From the first time I put a CD in it, it did not run, even though I had new batteries in it. I tried several CDs thinking maybe that was the problem. Still nothing. I moved it around in different positions and it worked when I had it standing up on its edge. Worked for all of two CDs. Now nothing. I know it was not very expensive, I did not need it to be the best, but I did expect it to work.

This is not good item, from day one, I found that it is not steady, and little move affects the playing sound and cd and stops to function then starts by its own. so My idea is that this not relaeable device to purchase .

This product is a real piece of junk. The open/close button jammed the first time I used it and when I tried to gently pry it open to retrieve my cd the cover broke into three jagged pieces. Even though it is the cheapest player I could find it is still a rip-off, and wasted money at half the price. - Waste Of Money - Cd Player - Coby - Portable Cd Players'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information