Thursday 11 November 2010

Gevey Turbo Sim


I'm very happy with the price and performance of this product [after a bit of sweat - more on that later] since I've been waiting since last October on hopes on the Dev Team solution for an unlock [I'm on T-mobile]. This thing does just what it claims. I'm on T-mobile and unless I have to reboot or totally run out of battery life, it has remained 'unlocked'. Going through the same procedure will re-unlock it if you 'do' have to reboot, so it's no big deal...



On to the 'sweat'..



First - After purchasing a sim cutter, I still had to cut an 'L' shaped notch out of my sim card to allow it to lay on top of the Gevey interposer device without interfering with the rectangular transistor. [I used a pocket knife for this very carefully not to cut the copper circuit board, but straight nail clippers would probably be better.





Second What 'I' did wrong.. I assumed that cutting the top left side switch in effect satisfy this procedure putting my Iphone 4 in airplane mode .. I was wrong. You must switch airplane mode on and off through the settings menu via software.



Third - What the company did wrong.. The onscreen instructions that appear on your Iphone when you click 'Accept' are different from the written instructions that come with your Gevey Sim.. The Written instructions are correct..





Fourth - More ambiguity from company flyer. The sim card and gevey device are both yellow in the flyer, making it hard to know which to put in the Gevey sim tray first. It's like the colorless diagram 1st - Sim Tray, 2nd - Gevey Sim, 3rd - Your phone carrier's Micro sim Card.



------------------------------------------------------



With the exception of cutting the 'L' shape out of my simcard so it would fit, following this video was what put me back online with T-mobile.. Hope this review helps.. -Jeff



UPDATE: If your battery life is terrible after installing GEVEY, it's NOT the card, but the hacktivation method.. SAM [Subscriber Artificial Module] worked for me. GREAT battery life now.



ALSO important: on the 112 dial step, translate 'within 2 seconds' to mean 'as soon as the red 'END' [call] button appears, hang up. Won't actually connect, and works great.



UPDATE 2: Found out this works great on my Iphone 4 with latest IOS 4.3.3 and baseband 4.10.01 Gevey Iphone 4 Turbo Sim Unlock Card GSM

This product is perfect. After 6 months of waiting for the Dev Team software unlock I decided to try the Gevey sim and I am impressed. As soon as I inserted the gevey sim with my T-mobile sim card Instructions came on the screen and in about 2 minutes i was connected. Other reviews about this product say that it is illegal to call 112 and hang up which is true, but in this case you do not even let the call connect. Just press call and as soon as end call appears press it. (about half a second)

The only thing that i do not like about the product is that you have to repeat the unlocking process every time you reboot the phone, but resetting the springboard and lossing service in a train and elevator does not reset the process and the service comes back like a regular phone.

DO NOT BUY THIS! IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT WELL. I even tried inserting the tray that comes with this product and even without the sim card it doesn't fit well and it's almost impossible to get out. I thought I was going to damage my iPhone! I basically threw away my money with this product!



I don't know if it's not authentic, but definetely won't even try one more time to get it in the SIM card slot.



Be Careful!

To all who are reading this review, do not buy from this person, It did not work for me, i had to do a lot of circus to insert it, later it got stuck inside, all my effort to remove went in vain, finally not working either. Requesting you all plz plz plz dont buy from this person.

I'm working in Afghanistan and use the Roshan cellular network here, because of this I wasn't sure the Gevey would work for me here in southwest Asia because of the 112 number which must be dialed is not a normal emergency number here. However, I followed the instructions and finally got it to work, after about five tries. One thing they don't tell you with the instructions is whether to leave the SIM imposer in the tray or not, I am leaving it in because I have not seen instructions anywhere to take it out. I've read you can't turn the phone off and on for a reboot without needing to go through the procedure again but if I do, no big deal.



Seems to work fine, hope it lasts a long time for my iPhone4 32 GB 4.3.1 OS 4.10.01 base band.

First off...I am a real user! The price is ridiculously low for an awesome product. It took me a little bit to get it goin, but now I have very limited issues. I am located in the UAE using my now unlocked ATT iPhone 4 to write this review. I have not had any issues with my data plan either. I heard that the Gevey sim may have been a "1 time use" product but I have rebooted my device several times and all I had to do was go through the simple steps to be up and running again. I highly recommend this product!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gevey Turbo Sim Gevey Turbo Sim Gevey Turbo Sim