Friday 19 November 2010

Outdoor Speakers - awesome speakers, great sound


Sound quality is better than expected. After much research these seemed to have a pretty good rating from other sources. There really isn't anything about them that we don't like. They were easy to install and we can blast them or mellow out with them. Would recommend to friends. Yamaha NS-AW350W 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (Pair, White)

I bought 2 pairs of these for my backyard. I placed them across the patio. The speakers are larger then I expected but it didn't effect my install. Just take a quick measurement if your mounting in tight spaces. The mounting brackets can be mounted either Vertically or Horizontally, and allow you to adjust the speakers either Vertically or Horizontally but not both. This will depend which way you mount them. The sound output on these speakers is wonderful. I have them hooked up to an Onkyo receiver, and if I crank it up the backyard is jumping. The speakers produce crisp clear sound and perform well. They are a little weak on the bass. I added the wired sub that came with my Onkyo receiver to complete my sound. But even without the sub these speakers rock. I am sure you can find better speakers for a lot more money. Buy why would you. Enjoy

I've had these speakers for a week or so. They are a fairly large sized speaker, so make sure to measure if placing in "tight" places. When doing my research for this purchase, I of course visted Amazon as I always do, but I also went to a local Best Buy, where they had a variety of outdoor speakers to choose from. I must be honest when I say I'm a Klipsch man at heart, and if I was willing to spend and extra $200.00 on a pair of outdoor speakers, I would have bought the Klipsch speakers. In my honest opinion the sound quality of the Klipsch speakers had a fuller more natural sound compared to the Yamahas; I find the Yamahas to be a little on the "tingy" side. I've owned various speakers in the past including polk (which I hated) Klipsch, Yamaha, etc. Nothing beats Klipsch speakers, but for the money these speakers are definitely a great buy. One more thing about these speakers; actually the mounting brackets that come with the speakers. The mounting brackets attach to the speaker in a way that makes you have to mount the speaker vertically instead of horizontally in order to direct the speaker to get the best sound imaging. I really wanted to mount horizontally, because I thought they looked better up in the corners of my porch area, but in order to direct the speakers down towards the listening area I had to mount vertically. It would have been nice to be able to position the speaker either way, but unfortunately this is not the case. Anyways, good speaker for the price, but still doesn't sound as nice as a good pair of Klipsch. As always you get what you pay for.

The highs are crisp and the bass is good, overall a nice warm sound. This is surprising considering that these are outdoor speakers. Be aware that these are 6 ohm speakers, so you need an amplifier with "guts". My 100 watt Sony would overheat and cut off. However, the Harmon Kardon with 55 watts played these speakers superbly, its just not in the wattage.



Mounting the speakers vertical or horizontal with the enclosed brackets may turn out to be a misnomer for some consumers. The direction can only be controlled in the vertical position. This is important in high mounts with the need to point the speakers downward. Of course you can just devise your own mounts. Overall , these are a great speaker and carry a terrific low price.

These speakers simply sound great. For me, they have passed the test of low key relaxing afternoons by the pool, to large and loud back yard parties, to rough Midwest winters by the hot tub. They have exceeded my expectations in both sound and quality. I have had my set for over three years now and they are still going strong. I'm now looking to add another pair. My only complaints would be: 1) They are much bigger than you think. 2) In order to turn them right or left you have to mount them horizontally, which can be awkward. 3) After about two years the white really started to become yellow (because of this my next set will be the black model). All in all, if these $80 speakers can keep pounding out good quality sound for over three years, you can't go wrong.

Way beter than Bose 101 & Infinity Outriggers. Previously owned both and installed at the same place and the bass, clarity, sound dispertion from the Yamaha's is way better by far. The price is not attached to the quality neither of the speaker or the sound.

Highly recomend them! 10 stars**********.

I've had these speakers outside for use on my deck for about 9 months now. I am completely pleased with my purchase. The sound quality is great, especially for the $85 I paid. Just be aware of the size when ordering. These are not the tiny little satellite speakers that you sometimes see used for outdoor speakers underneath the eaves of a house. They are full size speakers which contributes to the very respectable amount of bass response that they are capable of. I have very wide eaves on my house so this was not an issue. 4 stars because there are better sounding speakers out there if you are willing to pay a lot more for them. On the "Bang for Your Buck" scale these definitely rate 5 stars. - Best Value - Great Sound - Awesome Speakers - Outdoors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information