Friday 19 November 2010

Auto Cassette Adapter - cassette adapter, ipod


I turned to this product after realizing a fancy Belkin plug-in device wouldn't work well for me because my car's tuner automatically seeks out strong stations. This cost about one-eighth what I paid for the Belkin and works beautifully, even if it is a little tacky looking with the wire coming out of my dashboard. I've had it for several months now and I've had no problem, just lots of clean powerful sound, although my car's Bose speakers probably have something to do with that, too.



UPDATE: More than a year later, it's still going strong. Sony CPA 9 Car Audio Cassette Adapter

The Sony CPA-9 is indeed a quality accessory for being able to listen to devices through your car's cassette player...However, this is NOT the Sony CPA-9 but rather the Sony CPA-9C.



This seller feigned ignorance about the origins of the model but has not made one attempt to correct the 'error'



The difference?...The CPA-9C is made in China and well documented inferior product quality to the one made in Japan, the CPA-9



Honest omission or deliberately misleading?

For the most part - I am disappointed with this product. For years I've purchased the generic Radio Shack adapters- but found the price of Sony adapter appealing. Most times after popping it in my cassette deck- it shoots back out and my stereo screen displays "Error" (This could be do the cold weather climate I live in- but the Radio Shack adapter was never this bad). Additionally, the sound quality is not as good as Radio Shack's (it's not bad- but it could be better).

It worked in my Honda. Depending on the song you may have to adjust the volume on the ipod and/or stereo. It usually sounds best with the ipod is turned halfway or less and the stereo is turned up. It DID NOT work AT ALL in my boyfriends VW.

I bought this one since I've been using the same one for the last 10 years.

However, this one is not working after using it only for 3 months.

I couldn't understand it, but now I understand from SMAnsari's review..

It's not the one I used to have.

It's made in China, not Japan.

Do not buy this one.

It didn't work in my 99 Saturn OEM stereo. It just keeps ejecting. I found a number of work-arounds which involved taking the adapter apart. None of them worked. And to make it worse, this adapter is melted together so to disassemble it you have to break the plastic apart.



Don't buy it if you plan to use it in a late 90s stock Saturn stereo. That probably goes for other GM autos as well.

I have had this adapter for over 1o years and it hasn't failed me yet. I accidentally found it a few weeks ago in some boxes I never unpacked from my previous move two years ago. I was glad I found it because I've already gone through three of the other cassette adapters I've been using. This unit is of superior craftsmanship (as much as can be said for a plastic piece of merchandise). I use this adapter for playing my Zune in my car. The sound quality is way better then other adapters I've used and because of the frictionless turn mechanisms my tape player doesn't click like crazy while this adapter is in operation. Also, I like that the cable is of a single strand reducing the risk of snags and cuts that my other inferior, double wired, adapters suffered. I highly recommend this product to any ipod or zune user that still has a cassette player in their car. - Ipod - Cassette Adapter - Cpa-9 - Saturn'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information