Friday 19 November 2010

Laptop Screen Cleaner - glass cleaner, lens cleaner


I purchased a bottle of Purosol Optical cleaner upon the recommendation of a Nikon rep for cleaning my expensive Pro glass. The product works wonders, it removes finger prints, water marks, pollens etc. completely and without streaking. As a few others have mentioned the cloth that is part of the kit can leave lint behind, but I have found that the Kinetronics Panther and Tiger cloths do wonders in combination with Purosol.



Unlike many of the cheaper lens cleaning products Purosol does is *not* solvent based. The solvents in these products run the risk of damaging lens and filter coatings. I was more than happy to find an effective quality cleaner that would not pose a risk to those coatings on expensive lenses and filters. Purosol All Natural Lens Cleaner 1oz.

I've been using "regular" lens cleaning solution for my SLR lens with microfiber cloth for years, and I didn't have much complaint. It's just those solutions probably are mostly distilled water, just didn't see those solutions do much on the lens itself. I just cleaned the lens with gentle elbow grease I guess... Then I heard about Purosol from my colleagues and thought to give it a try. It sprays like any other solution, but it does wipe off dirt and prints without much rubbing at all. Apply the solution to the lens (or a piece of microfiber cloth) and sort of very lightly rub the lens with circular motion, and the dirt disappears. I guess it is water-based so it does not dry immediately, but it does not leave any visible streak at all. One thing I am very impressed about is after I wipe the lens, if I blow my breath on the lens to see streaks, there are a lot fewer streaks than what I would see with other solution, or water alone. All I need to do is to very lightly buff the surface of the lens, then I don't see ANY streaks. This cleaner is totally worth the money and to protect your investment in lens, there is no better cleaning solution out there.

I am a photographer and use my Tokina fisheye frequently. As any photographer knows, a fisheye does not take any filter what so ever. It is easy to get it dirty with grease or other kind of dirty. I found it necessary and advisable to buy a good cleaner for my fisheye. What I basically wanted was a cleaner that was safe to the lens coatings and that does not leave any streaks. Puresol All Natural Leans Cleaner fits all my expectations. It is an excellent product. It removes greasy stains and other kinds without leaving streaks. I also found it safe for the coating of my lenses. I recommend it as safe and efficient cleaner. It worths the money you pay for. A piece of adivice for you: If you paid US$ 1,000.00 or over for you lens, why should you buy a cheap cleaner solution that can damage it? Do not take any risk!

having bought some cleaning kits off Amazon that come with free cleaner (all of which I tossed), I wanted something that wasn't going to possibly damage my expensive camera lenses. This stuff works great and leaves my lenses looking spotless.

I use this cleaner on a coated GPS screen because it is alcohol free and doesn't damage the anti glare coating. I also use it on professional camera lenses for the same reason. In my opinion, this is the highest quality cleaner I could find. Not cheap so use sparingly. I recommend the micro fiber cloth to go with it.

I tested this against Flents Wipe 'N Clear Eyeglass Lens Cleaner 8 fl oz (232 ml) and I really wanted to like the Flents better due to price, however, after testing them side by side for weeks I have to say I really like the Purosol cleaner better.



I tested the 2 on both my Costa Del Mar sunglasses and on all of my camera lenses and filters. The Purosol bottle and cap are much nicer, you would not think this would matter but when you are packing it the heavier plastic of the bottle matters, and the better spray cap makes a huge difference. The Purosol mists on the lens, and the Flents puts a lot of heavy drops down, so much that it foams. I truly believe that the 4oz. Purosol will last LONGER than the 8oz. Flents due to the volume of spray. Also, with my sunglasses, because of the misting action I can cover both lens at the same time, with the Flents each lens has to be sprayed separately.



As far as cleaning goes, both of these products does a great job of cleaning the lens, however the Flents, because it puts more down, requires more buffing, and if you are using a small microfiber cloth to clean it off, like the 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, Color May Vary, 1 Count that I used for the test, the cloth used for the Flents solution is soon wet and will not buff.



I highly recommend this product and it will now be the only lens fluid that I use.

I trust this cleaner enough to use it on all of my pro lenses that $1800+. After the amazing job it does cleaning your filters it will do the same to your front element. It leaves the surface feeling clean and slick feeling resulting in less dust and particles getting onto the surface. I will definately continue using this cleaner before I go out for the day. Quality product that is worth the price. - Glass Cleaner - Lens Cleaner - Camera Lens - Eyeglass Lens Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information