Friday 19 November 2010

Displayport - apple, displayport


Bought this worried that the audio would not work, and I can confirm that sound and video both works with this adapter. I am using the latest Macbook Pro 13 with Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, the mid 2010, model MC374LL/A. Once connected, the macbook will auto detect your tv and will show both monitors. Just go to system preference, sound, output, and select your TV as the output for the sound. You will then have audio and video on your TV. You could also mirror the screen to the TV and assign the video output for the TV to 1080p, under system preference, displays.



Working great so far! Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Female Adapter Cable for Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro...

This is a great option for connecting your laptop to an HDTV, monitor without display port, or your A/V receiver.



Unfortunately if your macbook pro was purchased before the summer of 2010 then this adapter will not carry an audio signal to the HDMI cable that you plug into it. That is easily remedied by purchasing a mini-toslink to toslink cable or adapter and running two cords.



I have this running from my Late 2008 Macbook pro to my Pioneer VSX-1020-K then to my LG 42LH90 and it looks amazing. I will probably braid together a 15ft HDMI cable, a 15ft TOSLINK cable, and a 15ft network cable to use when I want to hook the Mac up to the big screen.

First of all beware buyers, do not buy from the seller ELMENOS if you want a Mini DisplayPort with HDMI with working video AND AUDIO support, I have read all the negative reviews where people said they are not getting audio from their TVs and such. It is because ELMENOS, one out of the several sellers, are selling the Mini DisplayPorts with no AUDIO support. I was; however, lucky enough to order from BargainCell which sent the correct Mini DisplayPort to HDMI that is displayed in the picture. However, my friend who I referred to buy this adapter also bought this item from ELMENOS and they sent him a different adapter than what was displayed in the picture. When he emailed ELMENOS, the seller told him he bought the wrong item, and it does not come with audio support and referred him to a more expensive Mini DisplayPort. All in all I am very happy with my purchase from BargainCell which provided me with AUDIO and VIDEO on my 2010 Macbook Pro; however, my friend is not. It seems that there are many sellers for the same item and when I sent my friend the link to the item I purchased, Amazon randomly shuffles the seller who are listed as selling the same product when it is now obvious that they are not..



Bottomline: BargainCell has the Mini Displayport with Audio Support and ELMENOS does not because they send you a different item then on the picture displayed.

I bought this to hook a MacBook Pro to our 50" Plasma. I set the macBook up near TV, hooked the adapter to an HDMI cable, hooked up a bluetooth keyboard, and turned it on. Works great!!! From the couch you can basically see a high def 50" display!!!

I went through all kinds of trials & tribulations trying to find the correct cables / adapters for my new 17" Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro: MacBook 17-inch 2.53GHz which I also purchased through Amazon a couple of weeks ago along with a MiniDisplay Port to HDMI cable: Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Male 32AWG Cable - 15ft . While this cable worked great for video, the audio continued to play through the Mac's speakers. I had several posts going in different discussion groups trying to figure out exactly what I needed to enable audio along w/video output through the MiniDisplay Port. Long story short, after a lot of research I figured out myself exactly what standards and specifications were needed to accomplish this; mainly VESA 1.1a for the adapter & HDMI 1.3b. Obviously, the Mac needs to be able to support audio passthrough via the MiniDisplay Port, which is easy to figure out in the System Profiler.



Anyway, I was going to purchase another brand for 35 dollars, but after the price was raised I looked into this one & it seemed to me that there was no reason that it shouldn't work. Plus it was under 5 bucks! I also bought a 25' HDMI cable for under 20 dollars. I finally got the adapter today; I had received the HDMI cable a few days ago. After unpacking, it took me under 3 minutes to connect everything, change a setting or two and presto: I had my Mac's video & sound going through my HDTV & Audio system- I have 1080p on my 42" Sanyo LCD w/Dolby Digital and everything looks & sounds amazing.



I obviously can't speak to the longevity of the adapter as of yet, I just hooked it up a few hours ago, but so far so good. It looks a little... well, like it costs about 5 bucks. Not exactly cheap or anything, but from what I can see of it, I gave it a 3/5 for construction. It's made by CE-Link according to the Details page & I ordered mine from Eforcity. Plus, if it did happen to give out, I could actually buy 7 more of them for the same price as 1 of the other brand. Not that you can tell much from pictures, but the 2 brands look almost exactly the same, although the Moshi brand does look a bit more solidly put together. But again, that's just from the pics. The other brand "Moshi" is the one sold at the Apple Store, just in the interest of full disclosure.



Bottom line: in my humble opinion, if you need one of these adapters (PLEASE make sure your Mac supports Audio through the MiniDisplay Port first!), save yourself some cash & buy this one! I hope this review helps someone out!



Thanks,

WhiteHatH4x0r

Information Security and Intelligence Analyst - Macbook - Adapter - Displayport - Apple'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Displayport - apple, displayport macbook Displayport - apple, displayport