Tuesday 9 November 2010

Ipod Nano Armband - case, ipod nano case


I've been having a hard time finding an acceptable armband that can accommodate my 5th gen iPod Nano and Nike+ iPod Sport Kit. Since Apple advertises this as compatible with the Nike+ sensor, I basically gave up and bought it.



Right off the bat, the armband is kind of flimsy. It's nice and light, but it feels really cheap. And because it's off-white, it's relatively easy to get dirty from brushing against anything, or discolor from moisture. That said, there is protection for the screen, and a special type of plastic for the wheel. The wheel protector has a excellent tactile feel, and keeps the controls every bit as responsive as of it was naked.



So, it's all very so-so, until you get to the Nike+ part. Apple accommodates the Nike+ sensor by extending the bottom flap, and adding a second strip of velcro. Seems simple enough. The problem is, the bottom flap has a hole designed to allow access to the headphone jack. This works fine without the sensor. With the sensor, however, the hole is still there -- but it's now as far away from the headphone jack as the bottom of the Nike+ sensor. Translation: if you're not using headphones / earbuds with a straight jack (like the ones included with your iPod), you're going to have a hard time. Granted, unless the jack is unusually large, your wire is just going to stick out of the side, instead of the bottom. But, it makes for a somewhat kludgy look.



I really expected a higher quality product for the premium price (compared to other iPod armbands). Apple Armband Case for iPod nano 5G (White)[Retail Packaging]

The Apple armband is a good armband. I love the way it looks. It is very easy to use. The only problem I do have with it, is if you are going to use the Nike+ system...you might think about purchasing a different band. Due to the fact that you have to undo the velcro every time to plug the iPod in...it wears very quickly. This is the only problem I have with it.

The band is light and comfortable, and doesn't look cheap at all. I don't understand why someone in their review said did. It's light because it's for running. I don't want something big and bulky on my arm while running that's for sure. This is perfect.





I also don't understand why that same reviewer is complaining about the color, when the picture clearly shows that it's white! Hello? Didn't they look at the product before buying it?



I know everyone's got a right to review something the way they want, but I just think it's ridiculous to complain about the color when you can clearly see that color is white on the pictures.





My only gripe is that the headphone hole is on the wrong side, but with the headset I have it still works fine.

I purchased this product at Target. I assumed since it was made by Apple for the 5th generation Nano, it would FIT the 5th generation Nano perfectly. Wrong! There is no hole at the top for the hold or lock control on the Nano, which I use all the time. Cannot use that function with this case.



Also, you have to undo the velcro attachment at the bottom to connect and recharge your Nano or download anything. AND the case makes the earbud hole at the bottom very hard to connect properly. If you aren't very careful, the earbuds won't attach all the way and you have what seems like a short in your audio.



There is a plastic screen protector which is good, but the plastic over the clickwheel is NOT sensitive to touch as was the old silicone cover I had on my old Nano. I had to cut away the plastic so I could use the clickwheel.



WHY does Apple make a product for its own ipod and then not make it PERFECTLY suited for that ipod??

I got this for my girlfriend and she loves it. What she likes the most is that it's so light compared to everything else she's tried. It's also as stylish as the iPod nano itself, which is what I love most about apple. Overall, it's light, stylish, and very effective. Even though it's pricy compared to other armbands, I think it's worth it.

Utility - This armband fits very comfortably; however is a bit awkward to put on as the closure band easily slips out of the metal loop. It's very difficult to re-thread the band back through the loop while trying to hold the armband in place on your arm. Also, the top of the case provides no access to the iPod locking slide. This is ok for me, as I use earbuds that have a control on the wire to the iPod, enabling me to bypass the lock-slide switch.



Quality - There's generally nothing wrong with the vinyl case and armband, with one very notable exception. The clear plastic that covers the iPod screen and click-wheel is VERY poorly attached to the case itself. I returned one armband because this clear insert arrived detached from the case. The replacement started detaching after the 3rd wearing. This fundamental defect should require the item be removed from the market. - Case - Ipod Armband - Ipod Nano Case - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information