Tuesday 9 November 2010

2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - jewel cases, cd cases


The price on the cases is cheap but you get what you pay for. I will never buy these cases again. Quite a few of them were broke when I got them. Even the ones that weren't broke are made of VERY flimsy plastic and I have a feeling they will break if I open them very often. They also don't open and shut very easy. Look elsewhere for good cases. Fellowes 100PK SLIM JEWEL CASE ( 98335 )

These cases are great. I ordered 100 dvd+rw's with this 100-pack of jewel cases. Since the dvd's came on a spindle, I took them and put them in these slim-line cases. However, on the side edges on some of the cases, there are little pieces of plastic that can be broken off. Once that's done, they are smooth just like other slim-line cases. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I'd buy more of them. They serve their purpose well. They don't come with any labels, so you may want to consider another brand if you need them.

This is the 2nd time I've ordered this product. I received the 1st shipment with several damaged cases. This last shipment I paid more attention to the packing: the cases were put in the bottom of a big carton & lots of 'packing paper' was put on top & on the sides! FLASH guys: bottom of the carton - where the cases were unprotected - is what gets banged around & where damage occurs! I hate to be sarcastic but it's so obvious & elemental that this kind of 'poor' packaging shows thoughtlessness & lack of consideration! You guys need to improve your 'packaging/shipping services'! I feel embarrassed to have to say this, but, guys, get your act together. This was not the time I've had this happen!

BP

NYC

I have ordered this product twice now. We have replaced all our dvd boxes/cases with these thinner, shorter cases to make more room on our shelves. They arrived unharmed, unlike others have reported, but did think there wasn't enough packing material when I opened the box.



These aren't terrible special cases. Thin and serviceable. Sturdy enough to put on the shelf, but a bit flimsy if you are going to transport discs frequently.



Overall, I got just what I expected.



(update: I have now ordered this product three times and will likely order again should I have the need for the extra cases.)

at least 10 of the 100 came broken. this is not the first time this has happened with your cases. it must be a quality control problem as most the damaged cases were on the inside. I will not buy your cases again.

As others have said, these cases are a great way of throwing your money away. Roughly 4 in 5 are broken out of the box, and the rest are so cheaply made I figure the hinges will snap after opening them more than 2 or 3 times. Avoid at all cost.

I have used thousands of these slim cases because of my video productions but this was the first time I tried the "Fellowes" brand because they were very economic - cheap. Well, they are certainly cheap alright. They break at the opening ends and I have been throwing away 50% or more and have concluded that it is simply junk and are in the end more expensive than the good and trustworthy brands. Besides the aggravation!!! I cannot use them for my work because it will ruin my good name. I rated it one star because it seems to be the minimum but frankly had zero stars in mind.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy this poor product but buy a known brand.

You will feel sorry after wards, believe me. - Slim Jewel Cases - Jewel Cases - Cd Cases - Fellowes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - jewel cases, cd cases fellowes 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - jewel cases, cd cases