Tuesday 9 November 2010

Inkjet Printer - inkjet printer ink, 564xl


This is one of four inks used in making color copies and color photographs. In combination with the other three it does a very good job.



As I've mentioned in other reviews on HP ink, the ink has been reliable and odor free. It's easy to get spoiled and wonder if costs can't be cut by buying refills or cheaper brands; I've tried that and have now gone back to HP ink and have no regrets.



Printer and ink form a partnership which can produce excellent long term results if given the opportunity. I believe that HP has developed equipment and products which enjoy a successful partnership and I don't begrudge HP making a profit on their work; I want them to stay in business!



For the record, I'm not an HP employee, nor affiliated with HP in any way beyond being a satisfied customer! HP 564XL Magenta Ink Cartridge in Retail Packaging (CB324WN#140)

I ordered the three primary 564XL color cartridges. Two came directly from Amazon: 5-stars! Exactly as advertised. However, the third came from "MegaToners". BEWARE! The order was for an Original cartridge and it was swapped out for a remanufactured cartridge. In addition, the remanufactured cartridge did not have the microchip attached to the cartridge. The printer did not recognize the new cartridge. Nowhere in the packaging was there instructions on what to do with the cartridge without a chip. Through some internet research, I learned that I could transfer the OEM chip to the remanufactured cartridge and it might work. I did that, and the new cartridge still did not work. Rip-off!!! I will be requesting a full refund on the third cartridge.

The biggest complaint for personal inkjets is well.. ink. It's always expensive and you feel like you are spending the lionshare of your purchase on the fancy packaging and plastic delivery mechanism. We use our printer for casual use and a decent amount of photo 4x6 printing. These XL inks definitely last longer than the std versions that shipped with the printer, and yellow always seems to go first. But they work as advertised, and never last as long as you want them to. We've had our printer for 2 years and replaced inks once a year now.



The colors seem to pop when using the special 4x6 papers and drying time is very fast. I haven't seen any fading in pictures that were printed 2 yrs ago with these inks, and they are advertised to not fade, so i guess its working as advertised.

it was Cheap price - I got the cart fast and in good shape - but it was not in the box and it said OEM - HUM - after reading about all the fakes I wounder was it a good price or a fake - HUM -

It looked real and had all the HP wrappings - well I hope Amazon keeps an eye on the suppliers

This ink is fine. I am sticking to the manufacturer's ink since I have had problems using non-proprietary ink with printers in the past. I just wish it was less expensive. I have switched my printer setting to the economy mode which helps the cartridge last longer. If I want better quality printing I switch it to a different setting and then put it back on the economy setting.

I'm just glad Amazon offers these. HP store charges a higher price for their own product! And the local stores in my town don't seem to carry the 565xl series. Delivery seems a little show - as it was shipped from across the country, though Amazon has a distribution center 30 miles from where I live. - Inkjet Printer Ink - 564xl - Ink Cartridge - Hp Photosmart'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information