Tuesday 30 November 2010

Hp Photosmart - photosmart c6380, 564xl


This ink will definitely work with the HP Photosmart C6380 printer, despite what the printer compatability chart says. The C6380 is even listed on the side of the box as one of the printers that uses this ink. HP 564XL Yellow Ink Cartridge in Retail Packaging (CB325WN#140)

This web page is wrong. The "Will this work with your printer?" box says it won't work with the Photosmart b209a. Surely it will, or am I crazy?



It's confusing enough that there are two black cartridges with the same part number, one of which (photo black) is wrong, or so I think, without this stupid "Will this work with your printer?" thing.

I bought this cartridge for my HP B8550 printer, because it' s only 1/3 the price of the same in Europe. But as expected my printer gave an error message: "incompatible ink cartridge". Obviously HP did some regionalizing in their equipment in order to generate additional income with the customers outside of the USA. Apparently the chip on the cartridge has another identification information. Also the same cartridge is called "HP 364 XL" in Europe instead of "HP 564 XL" in USA. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with my HP printer and in the meantime I found a dealer in Switzerland who sells these Cartridges only twice as expensive then in USA, so I'm lucky. The quality of the prints with the original HP ink cartridges is simply fantastic.

This product was not in original HP packaging as described but was priced as such. It came as a loose ink cartridge. I purchased it from GoFast parts. It may be fine but was not what I was expecting and I wouldn't purchase from them again.

The printing quality with this inkjet cartridge is great! But few things that I wish would change is this...

One, wish it lasted a bit longer, because after 10 high quality photo printing, few of the inkjet colors would be out.

And two, wish it was a bit cheaper...I think it's expensive for what it is, but my printer can only accept inkjet 564 series, which is a bummer for me, since I need a printer that prints 12x12 paper.

This ink is fine. I am sticking to the manufacturer's ink since I have had problems using non-proprietary ink with printers in the past. I just wish it was less expensive. I have switched my printer setting to the economy mode which helps the cartridge last longer. If I want better quality printing I switch it to a different setting and then put it back on the economy setting.

Product title describes the ink as being in RETAIL PACKAGING. That is not the case, though. The package IS new and unopened, but it seems to be an OEM or BULK package... meaning, its is NOT in a retail box as you would get it in the store. The picture you see is NOT the product you get. I guess the media itself is fine, and works just as good, though the description should say what the product really it.

XL cartridges really do last longer than standard cartridges, although they are somewhat expensive. I print a lot of pictures for friends who don't use a computer often, so investing in longer-lasting ink is important. I'm glad HP has this option. - 564xl - Photosmart C6380 - Hp Photosmart - Hp Photosmart C6380'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information