Monday 2 August 2010

Personal Finance


This software does a good, but not great, job. My wife and I have used it for almost two years.



On the plus side: it is the only software I have found that does true envelope budgeting. The tools here are much more powerful than Quicken or Money (I have used both before switching to Money Map). The system is tremendously powerful and flexible, although it has a steep learning curve. You can't have powerful, flexible, and easy to use all at the same time.



On the minus side: it is slooooowwwww. I've used other Java programs that aren't this slow, so something else (inefficient database?) is making this program slow. I have a decently fast computer (2.4GHz dual core processor, more than 2GB of RAM, running XP) and still it's slow. Occasionally I've hit a real honest-to-goodness bug (not just user error), although they have made patches to those problems once I have reported them.



On the whole: I use it and hesitantly recommend it because I have not found any other program that does real envelope budgeting. If I ever found a real competitor for this product, I would seriously consider switching. Crown Money Map Financial Software

I have used this software for the past 5 years and LOVED it! It was a great product. Note I said, "was."



Crown no longer supports this product and it runs poorly on Windows 7. For this reason I would not recommend purchasing it now. I was surprised when looking for financial software on Amazon that this popped up first. It is now outdated and would not be a good purchase. I don't even know why they're still selling it.

As I wrote with regard to the book that came with this software ... I kept it for about 3 hours before taking it back to UPS for returning it to Amazon,com. I did not open the software or attempt to load it into my computer. After reading the material accompanying he software, I quickly realized that the product was misnomered and should be marketed with Bibles and other religious materials ... NOT FINANCIAL !!! VERY DISAPPOINTED.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Personal Finance Personal Finance Personal Finance