Monday 2 August 2010

Computer Vacuums - compressed air, air duster


This is a great product and everything I want to say about this product is already said by other reviewers.



However, I'm making this review to inform you that the model ED500 which is listed for $43.32 is exactly the same as this model, ED500P. Both models include all the accessories so I have no idea why Amazon is listing this for $69.00. Metro Vacuum ED500P DataVac 500-Watt, .75-HP Electric Duster

I didn't know something like this existed until I found it here. I was previously using air cans.



Pros:

* POWERFUL (500 watt motor)

* Doesn't lose power like aerosols

* Doesn't get cold like aerosols

* Environmentally safe (some aerosol cans may contain dangerous ingredients)

* Feels like quality construction that will last (made of steel)

* Good placement of on/off switch

* Can turn sideways or upside down and still works great (unlike aerosols)



Cons:

* Corded (not as convenient as cordless cans of air)

* Smells when used (at least mine does - it's new so I hope it's just because it's new and over time the smell will go away)



Other:

* Made in USA

* It's so powerful I'm a bit concerned that it could damage components if not used carefully

* It doesn't suck, but it really blows (couldn't resist)

This product is amazing! it sound like a vacuum cleaner but blows ridiculous amounts of air! I'm still finding uses for it, I just dusted out the guts of my Dyson Vacuum, four computers, the dryer lint trap, all Of my A/V equipment, Monitors, all kitchen appliances, and terrorized my wife! And alas all with a single can of air! goodbye: cold hands, loss of pressure, environmentally damaging cans of air!



If your considering this product stop gawking at reviews and buy it already, trust me it rocks!

I bought this thing and have been very pleased. No more canned air to but and it really gets the job done. The 500P comes with all the attachments as well. Have two Desktops and a Laptop that need periodic cleaning. Also a PS2 & PS3. This thing is great for a lot of different applications. This was a great find.

I had to go through so many cans of air in the course of my job (Women's Computer Consulting/Repair), that this was a no brainer. I would highly recommend this to anyone that does a lot of cleaning of computers, or that takes care of maintaining computers. This unit paid for itself within one week.

This thing really blows! someone had to write that, but seriously works better than canned air and will save a lot of money. However, if you choose to use this to blow a hepa filter I recommend doing this activity outside!

I bought this product for my son as a gift. He does computer repair and was feeling guilty about using so many cans of compressed air. It works great for blowing dust out of computers, however this should be done outdoors to avoid creating a dust storm in the room. I tried it for cleaning my serger sewing machine but found the air flow to be too powerful. I remove dust from disks and around the blades frequently but prefer a gentler flow which does not disturb the threads or blow everything off my sewing table. If this device had a pressure adjustment I would buy one for myself also.

This is just to let you know where all the reviews are posted: sold by Adorama Camera at about 43 dollars, this product has 45 five star ratings. Metrovac is an amazing USA story, read the company profile at metrovacworld dot com. - New York - Computer Duster - Air Duster - Compressed Air'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Computer Vacuums - compressed air, air duster new york Computer Vacuums - compressed air, air duster