Monday 23 August 2010

Disaster Preparedness - lithium batteries, flashlight


With the number of high performance flashlights that Surefire sales it only makes sense for them to sell batteries, and at a good price. The 123A batteries you find at most super stores will normally cost you quite a bit more than the $1.75 a piece you will pay for these. You can sometimes find a bulk buy that works out cheaper per battery but you really don't know what you are going to end up with. With the Surefire batteries you are going to get a good price on well made, high quality batteries. Like the other reviewed noted though, Surefire actually sells these on their web site for $21 a 12 pack. Surefire SF12-BB Box of 12 123A 3 Volt Lithium Batteries 12-Pack SF123A

Surefire CR123A are excellent batteries. I use them. Just be aware that they are made by Panasonic. I cannot believe that Panasonic makes better batteries for Surefire, so if you can get a better deal for Panasonic batteries that are fresh (recent dates), then you are saving some dough and getting the same product.

Surefire is the best, their Lithium batteries boast a 10 year shelf life. I am thankful for that, because the batteries I received (from CargoLargo) are already 5 years into their shelf life. That's a bit on the annoying side. The expiration date is printed on the batteries themselves. Mine say 2014. As a comparison, the batteries I received with a new Surefire (E2D LED Defender) are set to expire in 2019. For an extra couple of bucks I could have purchased the batteries directly from Surefire (I doubt they are sending out 5 year old batteries). Which is exactly what I will do from now on.



This is not a slam on Surefire Batteries, merely a seller selling 5 year old batteries for about the same price as new ones. Even though the batteries are still considered good, I would have liked to have the option to store them for a longer period of time. Fortunately, I only purchased the 12 pack, and I'm pretty sure I can go through 12 batteries in 4 years.

Good News. Others have complained about the near expiration date on these Surefire Batteries from Ace Photo. I just ordered some in 03/2011 with an expiration date of 09/2020. That's 9 1/2 years. As for the batteries themselves, I've used them in the past with great success.

I just wanted to post a review to let everyone know that the batteries I received today had a Nov 2020 expiration date. I can't speak for batteries being shipped in the future but I can say that I received three FRESH boxes.



These batteries might be a bit more expensive but I think the peace of mind is worth it. I've never had any trouble with any surefire products. I sleep soundly at night knowing that when I'm battling the undead after the zombie apocalypse, my flashlight won't let me down.

Nearly all quality high-output halogen and LED flashlights use these cells. But buying them over the counter is needlessly expensive. Since they last about 5 years in storage, why not buy a bunch? For those of us in areas prone to natural disaster, these are a good investment and don't take up a lot of space.

They came in a nice box for storage, with a 12/2020 expiration date AND they all tested out at the max for a 3-volt lithium battery. These batteries will be used in my Davis VantagePro2 weather stations(3 of them), so I've got enough for 3-5 years. Time will tell how they last, but I'll do the 5 stars for now....Amazon service does not get any stars...bad experience with C/S.

The batteries work great. Even though the surfire website sells them for 21 dollars, after tax and shipping the cost is 30 dollars, so if you have an Amazon Prime account you're better off ordering it from Amazon for the same price with 2 day shipping. - Lithium - Battery - Lithium Batteries - Flashlight'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Disaster Preparedness - lithium batteries, flashlight lithium batteries Disaster Preparedness - lithium batteries, flashlight