Monday 23 August 2010

The Original Bed Buddy - hot, the original bed buddy


We have been using Bed Buddies for years (both the back wrap and shoulder/neck version), and like them a lot. They really do deliver prolonged moist heat and relieve sore, tense muscles. The Velcro closures make them especially convenient to use.



Our Bed Buddies were getting pretty tattered, so I ordered a couple of new ones. This time, though, they have a chemical smell that I can't remedy - I've tried airing them for days in the sun, storing them with baking soda sachets...nothing works. I don't want them in my microwave oven, where we cook food - so we continue to use the old ones, not the new ones. It's been a big disappointment. Carex Bed Buddy, Back Wrap

I had the same product before and it performed well. This one lasted only a few weeks before a hole melted into a seam and the contents developed a permanent burnt smell. Never heated more than 3 minutes. Shame, great product design for the back, poor quality material.

The size is great. And so versatile! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is I would like a little more heat. I first tried the recommended 1.5 min. Then had to heat for an additional minute. I'm going to be giving these as Christmas gifts this year.

I got this to use around my neck for tension headaches at the recommendation of my doctor. First of all it smells so bad it makes me nauseous. I don't know how to describe it, like maybe something rotted inside? I heat it for the maxmimum allowable time and it's just barely hot enough to relax my muscles at all. There isn't enough stuffing in it to actually hit all the areas I need it to hit though, and the areas where there is stuffing cool off within about 5 minutes. Useless. Would give it 1 star, but mine hasn't burned up.... yet.

I am a pianist and play for hours each day. My shoulders and neck muscles can become very tight. I have used a Bed Buddy for the back for years, which really didn't cover my shoulders to the extent that I needed as well as my neck area. When I discovered the "cape" design, I knew I had to have this particular product! I have no regrets about purchasing this unique design; it delivers all the heat I need simultaneously to the areas affected by discomfort- no shifting from one shoulder to the other!

My wife found this for me initially several years ago. We both used it off and on for minor aches and pains. The product heats in around 2 minutes on high in the microwave and produces perfect warm, moist heat. I recently had arthroscopic shoulder surgery and used this product on a regular basis for months. I did notice that after continued, constant use, the product starts to loose its moisture a bit. Perhaps through my own aggressive use, the product finally produces a hot spot and melted a small hole through which the filling leaked out. I immediately, by next day delivery, ordered not only this product again, but also another, different heat pad.

These things are great! I think that they are a good value for the money.

I had an older version of this product that retained heat for over an hour at a time. This recently purchased, new version doesn't retain heat nearly as long as the older one did. I have to keep reheating it. - The Original Bed Buddy - Hot - Arthritis - Hot Treatments'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


The Original Bed Buddy - hot, the original bed buddy hot The Original Bed Buddy - hot, the original bed buddy