Monday 7 June 2010

Arcteryx Atom Jacket


This really is the perfect jacket. It's lightweight, warm, soft, dries quickly, breathes, and keeps out wind and showers. The cut is actually flattering. It's close fitting (the bottom hem cinch seems unnecessary) and non-bulky, but not at all restrictive. It packs down very small for travel. Stuff the jacket into its hood to make an inflight pillow. Suitable for wearing alone in spring and fall, and thin enough to wear as a winter mid-layer. The hood stays up well and fits under my ski helmet. The fabric feels OK against bare arms. The only thing I didn't like was that my shoulder bag strap kept slipping off the smooth fabric, but I fixed this by swapping out the strap.



If you order a color be aware that they are BRIGHT! I initially ordered the bondi blue one but exchanged it for black. Perhaps you are more adventurous than me.



I only wish I'd discovered this hoody earlier. I would not have bought a hooded softshell or down jacket liner. Atom LT Hoody - Women's Jacaranda XL by Arcteryx

My wife loves her jacket. Seamless construction, as always from Arcteryx. The stretchy cuffs on the sleeves are very comfortable. We found that the hooded version seems slightly larger than the non-hooded version (we returned the non-hooded version). Pockets are very warm and fleece lined. Hood stays put in wind. Loved it!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Arcteryx Atom Jacket Arcteryx Atom Jacket Arcteryx Atom Jacket