Monday 7 June 2010

Table Saws


I needed an inexpensive table saw for a remodeling progect I have going. At about a hundred dollars this seemed to fit the bill. The saw arrived in good shape and worked fine but the rip fence was junk. I found a stand made by Skil for this saw that was fantastic (at about the same price as the saw). With the two of them together this is a great saw for the money. Factory-Reconditioned Skil 3310-01-RT 15 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw

I just have a quick easy project that I need this, so I choose the cheapest one and a recondition one at that for under $100 all together. I don't have much expectation. But I was totally surprised how easy it work and it is a lot quieter than I expect. I don't know enough to say how it measure up to the more expensive ones, but I am sure happy with it, get all my needs done with flying color, have all the place to hold all the little parts for storage. For those of you that need something cheap to do some quick work, this is ideal. It might be very good even for more serious work, I just don't know.

Purchased this table saw as a "factory-reconditioned unit" for under $100 shipped. The unit took about 2 hours to align the saw blade and to familiarize myself with all the features. It was also my first table saw I must mention. I have been running this unit about 1-2 hours per week and it works good enough. The cuts are very clean and, while not 100% precise, they are pretty darn close to being 100%!



The main problem is inferior quality parts on this saw - the staight-edge guide tends to move a tiny bit if you press your wood against it too hard. This is why the cuts aren't 100% consistent.



Another significant problem with this saw is not being able to cut anything over 13" wide. So an extension kit will is a must.



I am not sure this saw is suitable for somebody who does woodworking professionally (for a living). While it was a good buy for my first table saw, I think, eventually, I will have to invest in a table saw of higher quality.

I've had it with Lowe's. The table saw I bought 2 years ago at $99 was now priced at $139.99 but "on sale" for $129.99. So off to the internet for a new table saw. This one cost $96 and is bigger, stronger and more sturdy. Plus free shipping to my front door and NO taxes. Thanks AMAZON!

I had a Craftman which is same size with Skil 10in table saw, i've used over a year and it has a problem with a motor, couldn't replace 'cause warranty over. Anyway, i got this one which is fit my budget and slice wood very smoothly, even the saw was a factory recondition, one thing i need to adjusted was a fender that is not really strong enough, just be careful when you start to cutting, don't let materials jam to the fender.

CPO Outlets is a great company. Very fast delivery. The saw was " reconditioned " It looked and operated as " brand new " to me. Included manual and accessories that also looked new. I'm already planing the next order. You can't go wrong with CPO Outlets.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Table Saws Table Saws Table Saws