Monday 7 June 2010

Filter Water Bottle - water, water bottle


Some people have said that these bottles are a little leaky, and from time to time they are. All that happens is you get one or two drops of water on your shirt, it's not like squirting out or anything crazy. I wouldn't call it a disadvantage, and the same thing has happened to me with a Nalgene bottle.



The product pretty much does exactly what you'd think. Squeeze it like a bike bottle, and delicious water comes out. (It's beyond me why they made them just a little smaller than the standard bike bottle size, because I'd buy two more for that application in a heartbeat!) The water tastes great, and I liked having it on the plane with me on my last flight. Airport security let me take it through as long as it was empty, and I just filled it from the water fountain inside. I also like putting several ice cubes inside for instant cold filtered water. Brita 24-Ounce Bottle with Filter, Twin Pack

Picked up the Brita Bottle as soon as I heard it was coming out. So far I love it! Makes it easy for me to get filtered water where ever I go and it's definitely helping me drink more water. My recommendation is to ditch the bottled water and get one of these. (FYI - I left this same review for the individual Brita Bottle as well.)

We have a water cooler here at work and the water tastes very bad so i have been buying bottled water ever since i started working here. I the commercial for the Brita water bottle with filter and decided to try it. I received it yesterday and brought it to work and used it on that nasty water cooler. the water tastes so much better. I can finally drink the water! I have read reviews on here about the water bottle leaking and i haven't had any leakage problems.

Just a quick note so people understand the difference between a water filter and a water purifier. This unit is not for anything but filtering for taste and to remove foul tasting items from municipal water you get out of your faucet per say.



This is not for taking water out of your local stream.



If you are armed with this information then you know what you are buying...



This is a good product as long as people use it for its intended purpose....and to those that do not.. you will spend some quality time with your local bathroom....





This is what you use for the nasty stuff:



Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter

Having had the opportunity to travel a good portion of this wonderful planet, I can honestly say that my(original) Brita water bottle has been one of the essential travel tools. I can't begin to tell you how easy it is to find yourself not near a water source that you can trust, or even bottled water that you think you can, but prefer not to. My Brita bottle has always provided me that safety net.



As for the product above, I'm not crazy about the strap as this is not useful. If you take time, you can stow your gears properly and keep prying eyes away. I like the see through appearance as my original bottle was white with blue cap. I also noticed that someone thought this one through and brought the filter holes closer to the lid.



While you should never drink anything left (charcoal and other stuff) in the bottle, take care of draining any water out when not in use, or between use. The one thing I noticed on the original bottle was the mildew smell got on to it pretty quick. I think it's probably water left in the actual filter combined with the humidity of some of the locations I visited.



Regardless of country, I would always recommend eating yogurt 2 weeks in advance of travel and then 2 weeks after. Getting sick is the same in any country and ranking.



So... why am I getting another one since the original was working just fine? Original does not fit in the cup holder, but this one does... It also fits into my MB water rack.



This was a copy left with the single bottle. Get one for a friend... or go get a friend to give one to... your call!!



TRAVEL SAFE!!

I too was looking forward to this product, i use a Brita Pitcher all the time at home, and this made a lot of sense for the office. It does work well if you don't mind it leaking on you every time you take a drink. the only time i see using it is at the Gym, then i don't care if it is leaking on me. Not a well thought out and engineered product.

After a day or 2 it now leaks dramatically from where the lid screws on and meets the loop. No matter what I try it still happens, bought a 2 pack, now I feel I wasted over $25 with replacement filters:(

I am sooo glad I read the reviews before purchasing. First thing, I was disappointed that the Brita name with the blue band was not imprinted on the bottle. What you see is a plastic full bottle wrapper that you have to cut off. Underneath is your typical plain water bottle with the Brita name quietly embossed on one side of the bottle.



Water bottle drinkers are so used to filling up and quickly putting the cap on. You will have to change your habits with the Brita bottle. Treat it like a baby bottle and carefully put the cap back on.



I read the review that said if you take the gray bottle holder off, the cap goes on much easier and it does! I tried to see if I could get the gray holder back on after I put the cap on, but that doesn't work. Which is fine. Most water bottle drinkers already have some mechanism for carrying their bottle: a side pocket on your bag, a notch on your bike, etc.

I guess the problem people are having is: if you pay $10 for a water bottle, ALL the perks should work as intended!

This is a true squeeze bottle-trying to suck water out will only release a little trickle of water. If Brita marketed it as "a portable water filter that you can squeeze the refreshingly clean water out into your favorite container", you would see less complaints on here!

So what lesson have you learned from this review? Take the gray bottle holder off and you won't have leakage problems! - Water Filtration - Water - Filtration - Water Bottle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Filter Water Bottle - water, water bottle water bottle Filter Water Bottle - water, water bottle