Friday 7 May 2010

dust collectors - dust collectors


These fittings do just what they say they do. One end fits inside a 4" dust collection hose. The other end connects to the dust port on the tool, or on the dust collector itself. My only complaint is that the angle is not quite gradual enough, so the hose keeps falling off the tool because it doesn't push on far enough. I have made it much better by taking sandpaper to the inside of this fitting to make it rougher, and also beveling the tool fitting as well with a belt sander. This made it much more difficult for the hose to fall off, and also made it a deeper fit. Woodstock W1038 4-Inch Quick Connect and Disconnect

I have a home shop with a Jet DC1100 dust collector with a 4 inch flexible hose. Since I don't use it every day and move my power tools around as I need them, I didn't want to go to the time and expense of setting up a permanent ducting system. This connector allows me to easily move the flexible hose from machine to machine as I need to. The only improvment I would make is to add a handle to make moving it a little easier. My way of doing this was to use a spring clamp to attach it to the hose. The clamp handles used to open the spring can also be used as a handle.

Not what I expected, but a good product nonetheless. These fit well on some fittings, and do not fit at all on others. I have a large variety of fittings for my 4" dust collection system, so this is not an issue. Not only would I recommend this product, but I bought more myself. Just keep in mind that they may, or may not fit your specific connections, depending on the type and brand you are using. They are not "generic" in nature, and don't fit well on every fitting. They do fit Rockler's "Dust Right" handle, and other "Dust Right" fittings very well. - Dust Collectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


dust collectors - dust collectors dust collectors dust collectors - dust collectors