Wednesday 14 April 2010

Cast Aluminum - strathwood, patio furniture


Bought this table after a major wind/rain storm blew my glass one upside down and it broke in a million pieces. Figured all metal would be better, and also it has holes in it so the wind would pass right through and it would not be blown away. It was delivered within three days, but was missing the hardware. I called Amazon and was told they could not send me out "just the hardware," so they would have to send out a whole new table. They also said they would send a truck to pick up the first table. Sure enough, within three more days, the truck had come to pick up the first table, and I had the new one, with the hardware intact. My son put it together in less than 10 minutes. It is absolutely beautiful. Very strong and sturdy. I have received so many compliments on it. Glasses stand upright and do not tip over if place on the spaces, as the spaces are very small. The color is great, too. The chairs I have are still in very good condition, so I wanted to keep them, but was concerned because they are black wrought iron. Well, they blend in just fine with the brown table and do not clash. The brown is very dark. I would buy this table again, have no regrets about this purchase, or dealing with Amazon. They resolved my problem quickly and thoroughly. Absolutely satisfied with everything!!! Strathwood St. Thomas Cast Aluminum Round Dining Table

The reviews were half correct. Yes the table is very easy to assemble; yes the scroll work on the table is beautiful. However, where the reviews fall very short is the size of the table. There is no way that a 48" round table will seat 6 comfortably, let alone 8 cozy as the other review stated. A 48" round table is meant for 4 people. Also, it would be EXTREMELY helpful if Amazon posted the deminsions.

This is a great table. Amazon shipped it quickly and it was easy to put together. The scroll design is gorgeous. The color is a dark, bronze, brown with very small flecks of silver. The brown is dark enough that it coordinates with our black chairs. The size is generous and can comfortably seat up to six people. We are really enjoying our new patio table.

Although the Strathwood St. Thomas Cast Aluminum Round Dining Table is good looking and of good value for the price, I want to caution future buyers about purchasing anything beyond books and small items on Amazon. I was SHOCKED to see the feeble packing of a 52 pound heavy table. The box was crushed, there was no padding around the table top and it was wrapped in the cheapest paper--equivalent to tissue. When I asked Amazon to reimburse me for the damage, they only offered $20 and the business manager was RUDE. Beware of Amazon's shipping technique--that is the lack of it!

This product is a dark speckled brown, which is hard to see from the picture on the web, but which goes well with our adobe-colored house. The table is fairly light, making it easy to move. The feet are of adjustable height, which is welcome on our slightly uneven patio. I did have to push on a couple of parts to get them to line up during assembly - a couple of screw holes could have been a little better aligned - but I was able to assemble the table by myself with only basic tools. I recommend starting by screwing all the screws in halfway, and then adjusting from there. After half a year outside, there are no problems. The hole in the middle fit a standard-size outdoor umbrella we already had. The biggest plus was the price, only a fraction of the cost of other comparable patio tables I've seen. If you find cast-iron tables to be too heavy and expensive, this is certainly worth a look.

This set suddenly became unavailable just after we got ours which was a shame because a number of family and friends told me they went to look for it and it was no longer available. This set is awesome! The table and chairs are just a tad higher than usual and with tall people in my family, they are very impressed. The tables had to be assembled but were VERY easy to assemble. I put them together before my husband got home from work. They were all packaged beautifully! Delivery was quick and we are so glad we ordered when we did because, apparently, the set was very popular!

I am delighted with my Strathwood cast aluminum table !

I am also very satisfied with the excellant service that Amazon.com has provided with this order.

I had a minor problem and it was handeled with swift and fair resolve.

I had seen this table last year and loved it, but felt that I could not afford it.

I am glad that I didn't "settle" for something else

I live on a golf course, so the metal top is definitely what I need.

Besides being practical, it is beautiful, rich in styling, very elegant !

It arrived swiftly, in great condition and was simple for me to put together.

I am an elder, senior woman and I put it together, with no help, in less than two hours.

I would reccomend this product and Amazon's great service to anyone.

I just finished putting this table together. Took me just a few minutes. It's the perfect size for our deck and looks very lovely. It's sturdy and well made. I've paired it off with the matching Strathwood St. Thomas Swivel Dining Arm Chairs. Gorgeous and Classy.

really like the table, and for a great price. however, shipment did not come with hardware package (turns out it is only 16 bolts). tried for two weeks to contact Strathwood and the support vendor website that came with the matching chairs I purchased, but absolute radio silence. didn't want to return and luckily found assembly instructions .pdf on amazon. those instructions has spec's for the bolts, so went to hardware store and bought for $5 and got it together. Summary - great product for the price as long as you don't need any support.

I love the table including its looks, the craftsmanship, and functionality. The table came in a box with a hole that was taped up. The contents didn't include any hardware--just a small empty zip-lock bag. I tried to contact the manufacturer to get my hardware with no success. I could not let myself use resources to send back a 50 lb. package in order to get a few ounces of missing hardware, I got the necessary bits from my local Ace Hardware. I am not happy about the extra expense. In the future, I will be more cautious about ordering items that need assembling from Amazon. - Patio Furniture - Strathwood - Cast Aluminum - Dining Table'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cast Aluminum - strathwood, patio furniture dining table Cast Aluminum - strathwood, patio furniture