Wednesday 14 April 2010

Audio Video Stand - audio-video shelving, sturdy


This equipment rack is a great price for a good looking unit. Quality was a little off which affected assembly; some of the welded inserts that are used to thread the corner posts together were a little off which made it a bit of a challenge to assemble a couple of the shelves, also the chrome trim rings had a few areas where the chrome had flaked off the plastic ring but once assembled you don't see the blemishes. The rack is very solid once assembled. My unit (clear glass with black legs) came with silver trim rings at the end of the black posts (as shown in the photo) and an optional set of black rings for an all-black post look. Would buy again. Walker Edison Everest Multilevel Component Stand, Black

I recently purchased a new LCD TV and mounted it on my wall. So I needed something to place my AV components on underneath the TV. After a decent amount of comparison shopping I finally went wtih the Walker Edison product.



Putting the stand together was very straight forward, and when assembled is very sturdy. It easily holds all of my AV components and looks good doing it.



Overall I am very satisfied so far with the product especially when other items I compared it to were 2 to 3 times the price.

Item arrived in good shape, no broken glass or missing parts. Shipped in original container, several dings on box, nothing damaged, box needs more tape/straps to survive UPS. Fit of parts 3/5, quality of parts 4/5, final product 4/5.

PRO: Strong when assembled, I am 6'2", 225 and I could probably stand on top shelf safely. Looks good when assembled, nice and solid. 45 minutes to assemble with dog's help. Beveled glass shelves were perfect, no flaws or scratches. Tubes can be rearranged as needed to change shelf clearance, just be careful of plastic spacer orientation - see directions. Directions: OK, self explanatory, all parts numbered/labeled. Tools needed to assemble: opposeable thumb, index finger, then twist, suggest twist tubes crosswise/diagonal pattern, don't stress glass, don't over tighten.

CON: Plastic spacers - yeah they are plastic, so what? Their function is to cushion the glass when you tighten the tubes down. Powder coating spray job sort of flaky in spots but not noticeable. 3 of lower tubes/short foot tubes (tube #7) did not align quite plumb and square, brackets in 3 of those tubes were off a bit, but a shim or a washer from hardware store placed under tube on floor when done will stop any wobbling. No casters but a set of furniture coasters should help in movement to reposition/clean. No wire management but can use Velcro/cable ties. I got the clear glass model, doesn't show dust like black model. Get shop vac out, styro foam packing flies around.

OVERALL: Solid product, couple of flaws, not major. Good appearance when done. Recommended.

The good first. It came with extra screws and caps in case you need it.

The bad is the the glass shelves seem to be a bit off tolerance. You can insert the poles and screw pefectly fine in one shelf but then the next shelf the hole may just barely line up which may require you to put some "oomph" into setting it in place. With tempered glass I'd rather not put any type of force on any single side.

I don't normally write product reviews because I don't have the time. This product deserves some of my time. I spent quite a few hours looking for the right rack for my components. I had just purchased a top-of-the-line Samsung 3D TV, and I wanted to supplement it with affordable but stylish accessories. As far as the rack goes, I needed a certain # of shelves and a certain maximum height, so this may not work for all, but if you want an approx. 3 foot tall, 5 shelf rack, that has contemporary styling and is well made, this could work for you. It doesn't have a backing to hide cables, but it looks great regardless. Very solid and good looking!

I was looking for a quality stand with glass shelves for my home theater equipment. I needed something sturdy too since my receiver is 50+ lbs and the power amps that I have are 70 lbs each. This stand will hold 75 lbs per shelf, and the top shelf will hold twice that!



Very nice finish on the supports and the shelves are nicely beveled on the edges. Very classy looking.



I'm not sure how some people have had trouble putting this together. There are shelves, supports, trim rings, and two different size screws. Hard to get them mixed up. Some of the tolerances were a smidge off, but nothing that a little effort couldn't fix.



I actually needed more than the 4 shelves provide, so I contacted the manufacturer and asked if I could expand it by purchasing a second unit and combining them. To my delight - and surprise - they said, "Yes." They said that they do not sell shelves or supports separately, so buying a second unit is the only way. I am staying withing the limits of the single stand of 300 total lbs - which I am well below - just to be safe.



This stand has exceeded my expectations in every way. Quality construction, nice fit and finish, and VERY sturdy make for one nice stand. - Audio-video Shelving - Component Rack - Sturdy - Furniture'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Audio Video Stand - audio-video shelving, sturdy audio-video shelving Audio Video Stand - audio-video shelving, sturdy