Wednesday 14 April 2010

Bamboo Fly Rod Building - bamboo fly rod building, fly fishing


I have been building rods for 25 years and sold them professionally for 15. So I know a few things about rod building. I bought the Rod Building Guide originally just to have it for my library - I didn't think there would be anything in it that I didn't know. I was wrong.Although the book is aimed at the beginner, it is full of information for the advanced rod builder as well. So much of what we rod builders do is based on information that is outdated or not entirely accurate. What Mr. Kirkman has done, is explain the intricacies of things like spine, adhesives, modulus, action, power, mechanics, etc., etc., into plain everyday language that anyone can understand and learn from. He also dispels many of the common rod building myths that have come down the pike over the years.The 100 full color photos are clear and the text is concise. .... This one is the cream of the crop. You cannot do better if you want the best instruction possible on building your own fishing rod. Rod Building Guide: Fly, Spinning, Casting, Trolling

Although I had already built a few rods, when this book came out I jumped on it. I picked up a ton of info that made building futures rods much easier and much better. I rate this book very highly. The photos are full color and numerous and make understanding the 'how-to' very easy.

I had been wanting to build my own fishing rods for a few years. Tried once but didn't like the results. My wife bought me this book from Amazon.com and I got right in and used it to build another rod. This time everything came out just right. I credit the Rod Building Guide with guiding me over the rought spots and making sure I did things right. I found it very helpful and would say any new rod builder should not be without it.

I wanted to get started in building my own fishing rods and this book was recommended to me. I bought a copy and it lead me step by step to making my first rod with no problems. Then when I progressed more and made more rods and wanted to get started turning and making my own grips and reel seats it had that information in there too. I think this is a very complete book that does more than just help you with your first rod. It grows with you as you gain more experience and is something you can continue to lean on for many years in this great hobby.

I have several rod building books. Bought this one for my personal library on the subject. I think it is the best rod building book I have read so far. The color photos are great and really very helpful. I really don't see how they can sell it for less then... Great book.

I think I've bought and read every single book ever published on custom rod building at this point. Rod Building Guide must now be considered the "Bible" of custom rod building information in text form. It is the most up to date and informative text on the subject of any book I've read, including either of the Clemens books! The author breaks things down into simple steps that anyone can follow, but also adds easy to understand technical reasons for why each step is necessary and how best to perform. The 100+ full color photos don't hurt either!



Great book from a guy who certainly knows the subject inside and out. I would recommend it to anyone. The low price belies the true value of the book. It would be a bargain at three times the price!

I have 5 rod building books currently. I got this one for Christmas and thought I wouldn't get anything new out of it. I was wrong. This is the best of all the rod building books I have ever read. Great color photographs and information not found in other rod building books. I would recommend it to anyone.

If you are building your first rod, this is the book you want to read. I own three books by Dale Clements, own several issues of Rodmaker magazine and have been conducting online research for almst a year, but never really felt comfortable enough to risk my blank until I read this book.



Short, and to the point, Kirkman covers details that all others assume a builder already knows, such as how to actually mount a reel seat and how to temporarily affix guides to test positioning. He also gives actual photos in a step-by-step guide to beginning guide and butt wrapping, not just line drawings.



Clements' books are great after you have a rod under your belt, but get this one for your first and you won't go wrong.

This book was awsome. I read a few times and it takes you step by step on how to build a fishing rod. I have built 3 fly rodsand 3 spinning rods with this book. My kids have also built rods with this book as well. Great book for begginers who want to start building fishing rods but dont have the time or money to pay for the class. - Fly Fishing - Bamboo Fly Rod Building - Fishing Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bamboo Fly Rod Building - bamboo fly rod building, fly fishing fly fishing Bamboo Fly Rod Building - bamboo fly rod building, fly fishing