Friday 8 May 2009

Adjustable Laptop Stand - adjustable laptop stand, bed table


Very versatile and light. The product could be sturdier, but then it would not be as light (portability) or easy to change the setup (versatility). There are several models of this product but I chose A4 because it is 1" wider and it has a rubber pad along the horizontal bottom that touches your laptop. There is another model that has a cooling mechanism (and no rubber pad), but the dual layer setup of this model can take care of the cooling. I was surprised to see the hollow core (that's what "dual layer" means) - for aesthetic reasons a closed edge would look nicer, but this allows heat to escape. Changing the angles is not as quick as I thought since you have to press the button in while simultaneously changing the angle. But this is probably preferable to buttons that pop out, since part of what makes this great is you can actually pack it up and take it places since it's so streamlined. Despite these observations, it's hard to see how they could come up with a better design, all things considered. I hope they have other model wider than 10.5" to fit most laptops from top to bottom (the side-to-side width of 19" is great). The actual flat surface from top to bottom is only 9.75" because the remaining 0.75" is the rubber edge. My laptop is still stable enough on it. One reviewer said the 19" is wide enough to write notes on the side, but I find that doing so takes away some stability. Again, that's the tradeoff of less stability and more lightness. Probably I would prefer a little more stability but still think it's a great product. - Adjustable Vented Laptop Table Laptop Computer Desk Portable Bed Tray Book Stand Multifuctional & Ergonomics Design Dual Layer Tabletop up to 17"

This was purchased primarily for use while sitting up in bed. It has performed without failure now for around 6 months supporting a heavy gaming laptop. Although the adjustable locking leg joints at first appeared too fragile, they have never failed. The front supporting edge of the surface is rubber with this model A4 and has fit my laptop perfectly.



I bought another model with fan before but he front supporting edge of the surface is metal and has slightly abraided the front edge of my laptop; I added some self adhesive padding to the edge to prevent this.



I would purchase again and recommend it with the caveats as noted.

For some reason the unit I received was a completely silver model. This is OK but I would have preferred the advertised gun-metal color. It is very shiny, more so than my Macbook Pro. There is also no rubber pads where the hands rest as described by other reviewers here. I am OK with that as well because it was not mentioned in the official description either. The unit came with a box with the instructions printed on the outside!? It seems to be plenty sturdy enough.

I've been using a laptop for 10 years, and over the years, I've used many different lap desks. Until now, my favorite was the iRain model, but after extended periods of use, the metal stand on that one digs into my thighs. This desk does everything I want a lap desk to do: It raises my computer to the proper angle, it provides for airflow underneath so that the computer doesn't overheat, and most importantly, it keeps the laptop from resting on my legs so that I don't overheat.



I love the versatility this model offers; with the three "elbow" joints each having multiple adjustments, no matter where I work--in bed, in my easy chair, on the floor, you name it--the desk can be positioned at just the right height. It's sturdy and solid, and can also double as a writing desk and/or bed tray for dining, which will be important when I have surgery at the end of the week. The gunmetal color is attractive, too. I'm guessing I'll get years of use of from mine, unless my college-aged daughter comes home and steals it.

This is one of the best investments I have ever made. I say investments because it has to do with my productivity. My back goes out often and this laptop table allows me to stay in bed and continue working. It also allows me to use my laptop anywhere in my house, couch, floor, bed, etc.



Great product!

I love this product. I use my laptop on all around the house (on my couch, on my bed, etc), so this really helps keep my lap cool. I can position it on my couch such that my arm is in an ergonomical position, and I can prop my leg up on the coffee table without affecting my laptop. Now, I can even use my laptop on my bed as I lie on my back.



The only complaint I have is the difficulty in configuring the desk. Each joint is completely independent so you have to adjust each side separately. The joints have angle labels, so you can at least make sure that they line up, but it definitely takes two hands and flipping the desk over a few times to set it up.

This thing was exactly what I needed. I was working from home while recovering from surgery, and could easily work from bed or from the couch without having a heavy, hot laptop sitting on my lap. It can be used in many different configurations so it's very versatile in terms of height, angle, etc. It is lightweight but sturdy enough for what it needs to do. It is certainly a handy thing to have around, even if you're not recovering from surgery. I anticipate getting a lot of use out of it and I definitely recommend it.

don't know how we ever lived without this item! Great for using laptop in bed- especially with all the talk of brown skin discoloration from using laptop on your lap. Very sturdy and versatile. Can use it anywhere- can use it to read on - even eat on- many positions. Love it

I use this to read in bed at night. The iPad is simply too heavy to hold up with one hand after a while. I bought a slip on cover for my iPad and put two pieces of velcro on the upper and lower regions of the cover and on the laptop tray which securely holds my iPad at any position I want. My iPad is actually facing downward velcro'd to the table top. The table is well made, the adjustments are well engineered and work great to get the most comfortable position possible to read for hours. - Adjustable Laptop Stand - Laptop Table - Bed Table - Notebook Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adjustable Laptop Stand - adjustable laptop stand, bed table adjustable laptop stand Adjustable Laptop Stand - adjustable laptop stand, bed table