Wednesday 5 November 2008

Impact Driver Accessories


This is an incredibly handy set that I am SO glad I purchased.



As I'm sure most people do, I think I have about 10 different accessory sets in my toolbox at this point and most of them are more of the same - a bunch of #2 phillips bits, a bit holder and some assorted other driver bits. This kit has a few things that really make it stand out. #1, it includes 3 different socket sizes in it as well as an adaptor that allows you to attach any standard 1/4" drive socket to your driver. It also includes some very high quality drill bits in commonly used sizes, but the star of the show for me is the "flip bit." This is an incredibly cool little invention. On one end you have a #8 countersink bit and on the other you have a #2 phillips bit and with the included sleeve adaptor, you can switch between them within seconds which comes in EXTREMELY handy when doing finish carpentry.



I own a number of makita tools (including their outstanding LXT impact driver) and like all of those, this is top quality and I would recommend it to anyone who has an impact driver and needs a starter kit. Makita T-00153 17-Piece Impact Driver Drill Accessory Set

I bought the Makita 3 piece drill set with lithium ion battery's which is a great drill set. So I figured the bit set would be great to. I used ONE bit for about 15 seconds on some cheap screws to hang some blinds and the bit was completely ruined. They obviously use the lowest quality soft metal to make these. I'm in construction and I have never seen a bit go to waste so fast. DON'T BUY. GET A DeWalt set instead.

Shame on you Makita! The 1/8 drill bit broke on it's first use. The adapter that holds the drill bit- philips head wont lock down on the insert. I'm building a deck. I used the philips head and the deck screw broke the bit. Check your quality control...please! I love my 10.8 ion lithium impact and drill set. They're powerful...too powerful for your cheap bits. I waited too long to get a refund. Don't make the same mistake. Buy 'em, use 'em, break 'em (they self destruct) and send them back within 60 days. If enough of us to this maybe Makita will get the message and build powerful bits to match their machines.

This is a great drill and driver set for an impact driver. The bits that you use the most right at your fingertips. The #8 countersink is great quality and very sharp. The hex tool at the base is a great idea.

This is a must have for anyone's screw gun kit if only for the quick change counter sink bit. The quick change bit does stick a little when swapping the drill over the driver after prolong use, but if your a professional carpenter, you can expect something like this over time.



Do I use this a lot?: yes.



Would I recommend this to a co-worker or friend?: I don't have to, most of my co-workers ask me if them can borrow my kit.

I've been using the kit for a week for multiple jobs with a Makita Impact driver and a drill machine.

The drills are good, no wobbling.

The driver bits have worn out way too quickly for my liking. I think it's better to just get a set of low-medium quality driver bits with impact drivers.



My real gripe is the flip bit, the drill on it wobbles too much to make a quality drill. I could really see it being very useful, but because it failed so hard I had to use both a drill machine and my impact driver for my simple job.

The reciever broke after about 10 uses. Also the allen wrench needed to change out the driver tip and pilot hole drill is not included. They need to make it an eighteen piece kit ------- add the allen wrench.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Impact Driver Accessories Impact Driver Accessories Impact Driver Accessories