Wednesday 5 November 2008

Covers - skins, covers


The case fits the Optimus V perfectly, and feels like it would give it a certain amount of protection from small drops.



Note that the case is more rubbery-looking than in the photo, which looks like a normal plastic finish on my monitor. I like the appearance as it looks like an outdoorsy, almost military finish. It doesn't make the phone stick to the inside of your pocket (which was my fear with silicone cases), but it is easier to hold onto than the plastic of the naked phone. The contours of the case also makes the phone feel more secure in the hand without adding too much bulk.



For a couple of dollars, this is amazing value.





UPDATE 3rd June 2011

The matte layer of the case started to peel about a month after purchase, to reveal a shiny plastic layer beneath. This has happened on the corners, where the phone is most likely to rub against pockets etc. It is now looking quite tatty around the edges, and I am looking for a replacement. Hard Protector Skin Cover Cell Phone Case for LG Optimus S LS670 Sprint - BLACK

You can tell just by holding it, that this case does the job right. It comes in two pieces that snap together around the body of the Optimus S (sprint) or V (virgin mobile) perfectly. I am highly impressed at the quality for the price i paid. It looks and feels sleek and seems like it should cost more :). Get one!

I purchased this as an inexpensive way to protect my new LG Optimus V. It is a very nice case and seems well made. Installation is a snap...literally. It took about 5 seconds to drop the phone in and snap it together. It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone and the rubberized coating hasn't been a problem in my pocket, although I haven't tried it in my jeans. There are no problems with lint collection that I have experienced on silicon cases. I only knocked off a star because I can't figure out how to get it off. I'm scared to muscle it for fear of breaking it. For the price, though, I will just order another one for a spare and consider it disposable. If anyone knows the secret for removal, feel free to chime in.



Update - I had some issues with the phone that required battery removal...several times. Removal was easier than expected. I was able to use a thin metal strip to pry the case off. One of the comments recommended a guitar pick which would have worked even better. After 4-5 times of removing the little plastic snaps/clips started breaking. I still recommend the case, but would get a spare and tuck it away just in case.

This item arrived on time and in great shape and you cant beat the price trust me i tried but for under 3 dollars common its a steal..the case went on with no problems at all and its a very durable feeling case with a nice rubber coating for extra comfort i would recommend this product to anybody i have seen cases of much less quality selling for 5 times the price

This case fits nicely and looks good when new. But after just a week or so the case started peeling and the matte finish gave way to a shiny black in some high-use areas.

The case is made up of two parts that snap together, which is problematic because the joint area is not very smooth and it's nearly impossible to open. I broke one of the little clips that hold the two parts together the first time I needed to open it.

This review is for the LG Optimus V, which is the Virgin Mobile version of the phone. It fits perfectly, with all of the open slots in the correct location. From what I've been told, not all of the Optimus phones are the same between service companies (e.g. Sprint, Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, etc) in that buttons are in different locations so you may want to be careful. It doesn't jostle around at all - it's a nice, tight fit.



The case feels pretty flimsy when you take it out of the package and I was dubious at first before putting it on the phone. However, once encasing the phone, it had a nice secure and durable feel to it. I was pretty surprised. I also am a big fan of the texture. It has a sort of rubberized feel to it as opposed to hard plastic. Very smooth to the touch, and enough friction to prevent it from sliding around if you put it down. Luckily I have no issues with it getting caught in my pocket or picking up lint, which are problems that often plague silicone cases.



It does add a little bit of bulk, but nothing substantial. Same is true for weight. I barely notice it in my pocket.



One thing I've noticed is that the case has already become a little off its alignment. When you first snap own both pieces to encase the phone, the edges are nice and flush with one another. So you don't feel the edges sticking out. But after a couple weeks of use, I can start feeling the edges when holding it in my hand. It's not terrible in any way and it isn't very uncomfortable, but it's noticeable. My guess is that the plastic bent a little. Also, this sucker is really difficult to take off. This is good in case you ever drop it, but it's a pain if you need to take the battery out or want to clean the phone.

This is an awesome protective case for the price. It fits my Optimus V perfectly, it even lets me still use my carrying case, as it is a very slim cover. It comes in 2 pieces that just snap over the phone without covering any of the ports or controls. The shipping is very reasonable also.

If you're looking for a nice simple case, you can't go wrong with this one. - Covers - Case - Lg Optimus V - Skins'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Covers - skins, covers case Covers - skins, covers