Saturday 11 October 2008

Recording Equipment - headphones, headphone amplifier


I bought this because I have trouble hearing the TV and I've already tried various wireless headphone devices without success. Those that required batteries used them up fast, especially when I didn't remember to turn the unit off. Then, they had to be synced every time I changed the batteries. Others needed to be recharged between sessions and would run dry in the middle of a movie. Others had the hardware built into the headphones making them heavy and requiring replacement of the whole system when the headphones wore out.



Finally I discovered this little headphone amp and I couldn't be happier. To my slightly inadequate ears, it sound very clear and it has far more amplification that I can ever use. My wife uses one of the other outlets occasionally and, of course, there's a couple of spare jacks if I have any hard-of-hearing company. It has a power supply so no more piles of dead batteries.



I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to get a boost or extra ports for any device. It's amplification is far greater than any of the devices I tried that are made for personal music players. Although it has 1/4" output jacks, you can buy 1/4 to 3.5 adapters for pennies on Amazon and have an amp that will work with the more common size for an incredible price.



I'm using the headphone amp at the end of a cheap 30 foot cable but it still works very well and the volume controls are smooth and without static. The amp puts out more sound than my ears can, or should take. Unlike most of the other devices I tried, it has the power to drive any headphones I want, including noise cancelling. Finally I can enjoy a movie and hear what everyone is saying. Behringer HA400 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amp

Four stereo preamps/amps in one small package for $29.95 with free shipping. I'm only using one of the stereo channels, but it's still a great product and a bargain. I bought two to use as booster preamps. I'm using one to boost the stereo line level output from a TV/Monitor to a self-powered loudspeaker/subwoofer system. The second unit is being used to boost the stereo headphone output from a notebook computer to a self-powered loudspeaker/subwoofer system. They are both working out perfectly. The uses for this product are only limited by your imagination.

If needed, Parts Express sells gold-plated 1/4" stereo male To 3.5mm stereo female adapters, part number 091-1025, for $2.15 each.

I bought this about a year ago. A month after it was put into use one of the outputs would only play the right chanel. Now 2 of the ouputs only play the right chanel. I tossed it in the garabage as there are no serviceable parts inside.

I wasn't sure what to expect for 30 bucks, and thought I'd gamble on it. But I've been pleasantly surprised with this little guy! It gives a great boost to headphone volumes as used in my little home studio setup. It was just what I needed and didn't cost much. There's no extras, no switches, just 4 volume pots, but its a great buy. - Amp - Behringer - Headphones - Headphone Amplifier'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Recording Equipment - headphones, headphone amplifier behringer Recording Equipment - headphones, headphone amplifier