Saturday 11 October 2008

Backpacking - laptop backpack, backpacking


I bought this at Sam's club for around 40 bucks for commuting on a motorcycle. As a previous reviewer stated, this will not fit 17" widescreen laptops, UNLESS you do what I did and simply rip the seam at the bottom of the laptop sleeve all the way across to the sides (center section first, then two short side sections along bottom of seam). Then the laptop slides right down to the bottom of the back and voila, perfect fit. I have an ECS G900 laptop that is possibly one of the largest available - it measures 15.6" W x 11.6" D x 1.75" thick. This is just slightly larger than other models I have seen listed by reviewers that won't fit without modification. Just get a $0.99 seam ripper and spend a few minutes to open it up and save a lot of $ on the bag itself. I only gave 4 stars because I had to rip the seam myself, otherwise would give this 5. SwissGear Wired Laptop Backpack for 17-Inch Notebook (Black)

I got this backpack to use for my freshman year in high school and it is great. It has a lot of space, pockets, etc. It fits everything i need for school and just right at that.The back of the backpack is padded so that makes it more comfortable, and it has other ways to make the load lighter. It is also great for traveling because you can put your laptop in it, put in your mp3 player in the media pocket, and be able to fit all your carry on items in it. I love it so much and i give it an A+. I recommend it for all high schoolers and travelers.

I travel on business and bought this after I decided to quit hauling my laptop around in a handheld leather satchel. The compartments are well thought out for the business traveler and I liked this so much, I bought the matching Swiss Gear rolling duffel. The combination of the two are perfect for the 1-3 day trips that I take on a routine basis.



The MP3 jack on the shoulder stap is a nice feature, but I really don't use it very much. Highly recommended for business travlers and students alike...

I bought this backpack in place of a purse and to carry the shenanigans required with 4 small kids, while i'm in a large cast and using crutches.



Pros:

*There are pockets everywhere, every shape and size pocket you'd want, and pockets in pockets, and pockets in pockets, in pockets.

*Its made from heavy-duty industrial strength materials, everything is reinforced and i'm confidant that we'll have this backpack for the rest of our lives. Not even my 4 children will be able to kill this thing.

*Straps, clips, hooks and clasps abound, so i can hook my keys onto the outside in a number of places, or attached on the interior on similar clips.

*Some mesh pockets allow for visibilty.

*Most pockets zipper, with dual zippers, but several pockets also are cinched at the top with heavy duty elastic - which allows me to reach around and dig into one of them and fish something out, without having to find the zipper...but the elastic is banded tightly and effectively enough that your items won't fall out unintentionally either

*The shoulder straps are padded very, very well and its comfortable to wear, even when it choc-full and i'm hobbling on crutches.

*Interior dividers are thickly padded too, which is overkill for most items (when i try to put loose paper in there) but nice if i slide my kids portable DVD player in, my day-timer someplace else and my laptop in another slot. That's a plus, if you're buying this for your electronics obviously.



Cons:

*Its really heavy, even before you put anything in it. surprisingly heavy.

*Because of all the whiz-bang features and a thousand pockets, its bulky.

*If you pay $140 for this, you're crazy. I bought it on a "Gold Box" special for $40 and everyone else seems to have gotten it other places for that cost.

*With all those pockets, and deep dividers within pockets, within pockets; you'll inevitably find yourself digging around to find your things.





I would buy this again, and recommend it for someone who would benefit from so many organized, divided pockets; is looking for an uber-padded bag; and is okay with hauling around a backpack a little heavier and bulkier than most.

If your laptop is 15.4" it is a very good for you. The title is written for 17" laptop but it is not true. My laptop is 17" and it could not fit. Even I couldn't close the backpack when I put my laptop in the backpack!!! - Swissgear - Backpacking - 17 Inch Laptop Bag - Laptop Backpack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Backpacking - laptop backpack, backpacking laptop backpack Backpacking - laptop backpack, backpacking