Saturday 11 October 2008

Friction Mount - dashboard mount, gps mount


For anyone who finds anything hanging from the front windshield to be a distraction this is a great alternative. This mount is heavy enough to remain in place when driving over the bumpiest of road surfaces yet compact enough to sit on the dashboard and still be out of my line of sight.



A nice little product for the money! Garmin Nuvi GPS Portable Dashboard Friction Mount Kit

Too bad this didn't work out for me as I really liked the idea of the friction mount weighted down base and it works...BUT...just trying to attach the bracket to the ball on the holder, just like one of the reviews here, attaching it was soooooooo hard and when my husband and I thought we finally got it in, well, as soon as I adjusted/rotated it, it came off!!! And when we attached our Garmin nuvi 1390 LMT, it fit alright but didn't secure it as the bottom part of our garmin has 2 grooves so it was slightly crooked. So in reality, it does fit all garmin 4.3 screens but not ALL models and certainly not the Garmin Nuvi 1390 LMT. Needless to say, am returning the item. Thanks to Amazon for easy returns.

I wasn't able to attach the bracket to the ball on the holder. I finally got someone stronger to do this for me. Now that it is attached, as soon as I tried to rotate the bracket, the bracket and ball together broke off the holder. Never even got to use this item, and it is now too late to return as a defective product. Do not buy this product.

The "ball" on the holder is too large for the mount on the device. I tried two different mounts (that are supposed to snap onto that ball" and neither fit. The mounts did fit on the ball of the holder that came with the GPS so clearly this product is flawed - Garmin Nuvi - Gps Mount - Dashboard Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Friction Mount - dashboard mount, gps mount dashboard mount Friction Mount - dashboard mount, gps mount